Scarefest 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScareAttractions, 3rd Nov 2018.

1. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

Im sure the signs have been saying that since the start of season

Last edited: 21st Jun 2019
  2. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    There is no mention of the HOM on the official Alton tower site. I take it as someone is harassing Alton to bring it back.

3. Britford

Britford TowersStreet Member

There was some new, weirdly maze final like music in Sharkbate Reef the other day. Strangely, yesterday, there was some still new but more peaceful music in it instead. I'm not saying that they were testing/teasing the Dark Depths audio but I'm not not saying that...just saying!

Anyway I'm pretty sure that Dark Depths will be in Sharkbate Reef. The way I see it working is if they have it enter through the shop.
    If the first 3 or 4 scenes are in the shop and last room of Sharkbate Reef, then they could have the shark tunnel and shipwreck scene as a walkthrough, to set up the final scene (probably located in the old Thirteen room)
    With the rest of Sharkbate Reef being the ending maze section.

This is, ofcourse, assuming that the maze work the same as HoM did.

Matt N likes this.
  4. Ben

Ben TS Founding Member

Favourite Ride:
    Your Dad
    Surely its going in the Courtyard again. Towers can recycle the structure from the welcoming and its pre made to fit.

Just a different story, linked to fish or something. I can't see them closing Sharbait for a maze.

Rick, Rosie and Brad97 like this.
  5. Britford

That was from last year

skyscraper likes this.
  6. NachoBob

NachoBob TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Th13teen
    So what are peoples thoughts on a revamp of Terror of the Towers returning ?
    I can't wait as missed it last year!

RoyJess and Britford like this.
  7. Britford

I like it as a focal point for the event.

NachoBob likes this.
  8. Kevin Connor

Kevin Connor TowersStreet Member

We are visiting this scarefest on the 21st and 22nd. I’m just wondering whether anyone has any experience of the park on or around these dates and would it be worth looking into a platinum fastrack - mainly for the night rides as my baby nephew is coming with us. Thanks in advance.

9. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    Will be half term for most schools, so should be busy. You may benefit from fastrack, they usually save you around 10 mins of the main queueline. However if everyone has the same idea and purchase fastrack then you may find that the fastrack queue line will be just as long as the main one.

10. Kevin Connor

Ah okay Thankyou. I will just wait till closer to the time and check the waiting times on the app and go from there.

11. NachoBob

NachoBob TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Th13teen
    I purchased platinum fastrack last year and it was the best thing I ever did.
    I will purchasing them again as I managed to get on everything in the dark because of it.
    The last 2 years I have been around the end of October and fastracks have completely sold out but the queues were still acceptable for fastrackers. However people without fastracks were queueing for ridiculous amounts of time.

Posted 5th Jul 2019
  12. Kevin Connor

Okay thank you, I will definitely be buying it then.

NachoBob likes this.
    Posted 5th Jul 2019
  13. evilcod

evilcod TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Paris
    As Ben says, not a chance they will close Sharkbait for a scare maze even a family one. I would not be taking my family to Scarefest if this happened as the fishes are an essential visit with little ones on a cold day, nothing else for them to do indoors.

Poopoohead and Ben like this.
  14. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

The Scarefest hurst is now on TS.

Matt N likes this.
  15. Andrew

Andrew TS Contributor

Would people rather have Scarefest in its current form (maxes etc running throughout the day, park open until 9pm for everyone and so on) or a system similar to Disney/Universal where the park shuts earlier (say 6pm) and there’s then a separately ticketed event?

Charge around £45 a ticket, more mazes, more entertainment, event running until 11pm?

Completely hypothetical because of budget and issues surrounding opening late but I was just wondering people’s thoughts on it.

16. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    No, No and No :eek:

How do you kick out the daytime guest and stop them enjoying the evening within the park without a valid evening ticket?

9pm close is late enough considering that I also value my sleep and a later opening time will mean that I will be driving home with a pair of match sticks stuck under my eyelids keeping my eyes open, stopping me from falling asleep.

I feel the current form is just right in the way of the amount of entertainment and mazes. The only thing missing are the scare zones.

Sometimes less is more

Andrew and MattyH like this.
  17. bluesonichd

Scarefest needs to change,
    Bring back a free maze. Bring back scare zones.
    What extra do punters get at Scarefest. Long queues for rides in the dark and nothing else unless they fork out more and more money to experience “Scarefest”
    Oh they my get to look at a few pumpkins and the odd coloured light dotted around park.

Poopoohead, ringo and Andrew like this.
  18. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

We haven’t enjoyed scarefest since 2010 when thirteen opened - that was a good year

19. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    £45 for a separately ticketed event is too much, but I do agree with the sentiment that the Scarefest format needs a significant change.

As is so often the case, inspiration could certainly be taken from the way Europa Park do things at Halloween. Minimum impact upon day visitors, a very late close for those experiencing the scare attractions (not to mention the drinks / ice show / nightclub) and a fantastic atmosphere both on park in the daytime and at the Traumatica event with its all-encompassing "scare zone".

I think Scarefest could / should be adapted to a similar concept. Halloween isn't all about scare mazes, so something should still be going on around the park in the day though. That's important.

I can't see the current format changing, but Scarefest has felt soulless for a few years now. Shame.

Poopoohead, Andrew and RoyJess like this.
  20. bluesonichd

Towers riding off the back of when Scarefest was good, till one day people will realise it’s now a pile of doggy doodoo and stop attending
    At which point the entire event will be scrapped.
    Towers will blame everyone but themselves