• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2021

Also want to quickly add that they could have brought scare zones back if a new maze wasn't possible, (which I totally understand). They are both new and covid-safe.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

No scare zones is a disappointment I have to say. People really don’t get much of a Scarefest experience unless they fork out for the mazes …

Wasn’t Darkest Depths previously a family scare maze? Looks like it is “new” this year as a full scare maze and Trick O Treat Town replaces as the family experience.

Wasn’t Darkest Depths previously a family scare maze? Looks like it is “new” this year as a full scare maze and Trick O Treat Town replaces as the family experience.
I doubt they would change it to a full thrill scare maze tbh. Even if it has moved to an older audience, I still wouldn't count it as "new."

As much as I love Scarefest it really is getting ready for a shake up now. Although a top maze, Altonville Mine Tours has run its course now, I was too excited about Junkyard last year so I'm not crazy about that coming back and then I think the other two are getting ready for a refresh as well. I really was hoping for a new scare maze this year to replace any of the above.

Family wise it's nice to see a new family scare attraction although again I think the Freak Fun Zone and the Ancestors have all had their day too.

Bring back Trick or Treat Doors I say.

I doubt they would change it to a full thrill scare maze tbh. Even if it has moved to an older audience, I still wouldn't count it as "new."

I counted it as "new" as the website mentions a new adventure, so AT are stating there is something new about it.
Kfo9xbR.png

https://pasteboard.co/Kfo9xbR.png

Perhaps I'm reading too much into marketing drivel or that maybe I'm misremembering last year's promotions; but it sounds like junk yard could be more narrative driven. Talks of an "evil plan" and that they are hiding secrets within.

After being hunted and chased away, the last of the Freak Show have gone into hiding, plotting in secret their next “BIG SHOW”. What for years appeared to be an old junkyard actually hides the secret that turns “townies” into evil carnies... Dare you volunteer to help stop their evil plan? Careful not to be captured though, or YOU will become the main attraction of the next show.

Remember that FS:TJ was announced later than the other mazes last year, so it's highly likely that a brand new maze could be announced in the coming weeks. :)

Remember that FS:TJ was announced later than the other mazes last year, so it's highly likely a brand new maze could be announced in the coming weeks.
That is totally possible. However, I remember TJ being on the website before Alton officially started teasing it. However a new maze could still be revealed later.

One thing I should point out is the official tweet announcing the lineup says "the return of some thrillseeker favourites." Something tells me this was deliberate to not get our hopes up for a new thrill experience. Then again, it could just be me reading too deeply into this.

I'm pretty sure this would be the first year in Scarefest history where all of the scare mazes are the same two years in a row, (please correct me if I am wrong).But all in all if they don't reveal another scare maze I will be very disappointed.

There were instances in the early 2010's that we had the same line-up every year, but with some changes in each maze and/or location changes.

I believe in 2012 and 2013 we had the same line-up- Carnival, The Sanctuary and ToTT; in 2014 we lost Carnival and had just The Sanctuary and ToTT, but with the addition of Scary Tales.

But you're spot on with the fact we've had a new thrill maze every year since 2015. We've actually also 'lost' a maze- in 2019 we had Project 42, The Attic, Mine Tours, Sub Species and Darkest Depths, understandably this reduced to 4 in 2020, but I did expect the line-up to return to 5 mazes (1 family, 4 thrill) at some stage.

If I'm being honest, unless the oldest maze is swapped out for a new maze every season, with the line-up of 4 thrill attractions, the event can become stale very quickly. We had this issue pre-2015 before the big refresh.

Fingers crossed that Darkest Depths will be more reliable this year, as I missed out on it last year due to technical issues and everyone was given an automatic refund. :(

Regarding Freak Show, with the Covid rules relaxed could we see the layout changed with indoor sections added as has been discussed recently? That would make it a lot more interesting and different to last year. :)

Edit: it says park tickets are from £39 per person... I hope that's not set in stone! :eek:

Last edited:
They're available now. £30 for the four mazes (discounted to £24 for passholders). £10 for the new Trick o Treat Town and £8 for the dungeon.

What do you mean?
Thought that's pretty expensive, but just realised it's only £1 more than last year. :oops:

Combo tickets (park entry + mazes) aren't available yet- just entry only for those dates atm.

£39 for a day at Alton Towers sounds like a bargain to me, even without fireworks. Especially when you stack it against a lot of other leisure activities.