• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2021

Some people are more than happy to have photo's taken of them in fancy dress, the strange world of cosplay is full of them.
Stand to attention like that in a strange uniform, in a theme park, you can't be suprised if people start taking pictures!

Did you take the photo? If not then sharing photos of another person taken by someone else does feel a bit creepy?
If it’s on public social media then link to the actual post instead. If it’s not public then probably best not to post it.
Someone posted it in a theme park-related Discord server.

Looks like touching is back this year!

81_2021-10-081633689660.8668414351560.jpg

One-shot maze tickets are now available to book online!

https://altontowers.com/attic

https://altontowers.com/mine

https://altontowers.com/darkest

https://altontowers.com/freak

Last edited:
Interesting… if touching is back, then surely that’s virtually like a pre-COVID Scarefest, no?

Interesting… if touching is back, then surely that’s virtually like a pre-COVID Scarefest, no?
I'd assume that it will be very minimal/subtle though, as some guests still might not be comfortable given the circumstances.

I think it adds to the experience of the attractions, especially in the Mine Tours. Strange that it's apparently not allowed at Thorpe though, yet it is here.

More people have been spotted wearing the Sub Terra costumes;

image0.png

A friend of mine recognises one of the actors (orange jumpsuit) so he doesn't think they are guests dressed up. There is a chance that they are teasing something!

Yeh I think they may be teasing the return of Sub-Terra. Starting to seem like the rumours of Nemesis closing for a season for re-tracking and Sub-Terra re-opening to compensate for that are true.

It also adds up to the constant rumours of people seeing maintenance etc going in to the sub terra site. Could be Project 42 with a Nemesis storyline that opens though

I'd like to think it's an early tease but I'm sceptical that literally all it is, is re-cycled costumes.

EDIT: also the guy in the orange jump suit looks like one of the actors who used to be in the knife throwing finale in Carnival of Screams was it?

The only roaming actors around today and I believe in recent years have been to do with either the mazes or scare zones.

Doesn’t really make sense for Alton to just randomly throw in Sub Terra costumes actors around the park without it meaning something, right?

it is interesting, but I thought they might be roaming around Forbidden Valley if it meant anything. I really don't know though.

The reopening of Sub Terra cannot be considered to be a suitable replacement for Nemesis if it were to be closed next season for retracking. Apart from speculation and teasing which is what I think this probably is, at best I predict it will open to be the flat ride replacement for Funk n Fly.

The reopening of Sub Terra cannot be considered to be a suitable replacement for Nemesis if it were to be closed next season for retracking. Apart from speculation and teasing which is what I think this probably is, at best I predict it will open to be the flat ride replacement for Funk n Fly.
I would hope that it would open along with a brand new flat ride as a replacement for both Funk 'n' Fly and Ripsaw, considering that both Ripsaw and N:ST were open at the same time.

(Can the mods move these posts to the N:ST-specific thread?)

Surely the most likely scenario is they had a few NST uniforms knocking about in the wardrobe dept and thought they would do for Scarefest?
That's possible, yes, but with the recent activity around the facility it's more likely a sign that something is coming in the near future. We'll have to wait and see, though. :)

Anyway, this should really be in the N:ST topic :p