• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

I'm hoping they've got more up their sleeves than just one new maze - I want to believe "returning favourites" or however it's worded means old mazes from a ew years ago - and therefore hoping the line up is completely different.

I'm hoping they've got more up their sleeves than just one new maze - I want to believe "returning favourites" or however it's worded means old mazes from a ew years ago - and therefore hoping the line up is completely different.
That's what I was thinking/hoping! Maybe if two mazes from last year got the chop, (I've never been to scarefest before so I don't know which mazes are the weakest), and one maze is completely new and one is an old classic returning. This would be an amazing treat for old and new fans. Possible candidates:

The Boiler House- Could be amazing in the Sub-Terra building. Would terrify me personally.

The Sanctuary- Another very possible candidate as it's one of the most beloved mazes.

Sub-Species: A revamp of this maze could be very fitting for 15 years of scarefest, assuming they want to offer a more extreme experience.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

New teaser...

Notice the number, it looks like they are posting a different iteration of a previous maze each day. Could we see Towers' version of Trailers, which was Thorpe's anniversary maze?

Edit: Could actually be a teaser for Trick 'O' Treat Town returning.

Last edited:
Given it's posted to the Alton Entertainment account, I'd imagine if they are doing a countdown they might be counting down to audition announcements or similar.

It would also be a wierd place for them to announce anything new, so that's more likely just a promo shot from Freakshow.

Construction has started on Darkest Depths' site!

Not a big deal, but when you embed from social media, could you reference where you're embedding from? There's a chunk of us who can't see social media embeds, so extra info lets us go and hunt down the original post.

Hey all, long time Alton towers/Scarefest Fan. Just thought I’d put something in here. I was quite naughty the other week and went past the gate I front of the entrance to the towers(was pulled back, staff probably forgot to shut it) the attic pre show is completely stripped down (like they normally do) also there’s a door at the back corner of the banqueting hall which was open, I went down the stairs and into another door. To my surprise it takes you to the start of sub species (where the 3 doors were where they separated you) the maze is still fully intact. So people saying the picture uploaded by the entertainments team on insta was a reference to sub species returning, completely supports this theory. Let me know what you all think. Looking forward to this years scarefest😜