• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2023

A word from Daz (who looks suspiciously like my year 7 history teacher) about his new attraction:

I'm really not sure about it, The last few times Merlin have themed attractions around individuals haven't really worked out (Derren Brown and David Walliams). I wonder if a scare maze themed around a fictional internet star might work better but I shouldn't pass judgment before it actually opens.

I’ve noticed the Oktoberfest setup is still largely intact, I wonder if they’ll keep the bars and seating on the lawns for the stage show ?

They usually move the tables around so they aren’t in long lines, but the bar and the majority of the food kiosks stay, sometimes they change location a bit I guess to help the grass, but that’s the way it’s been the past few seasons.

I see a lot of people on socials slagging off the exterior to Daz Games. Personally think it’s looks fine, not sure what people were expecting?

Anyway it looks to be fairly big? Really intrigued by its interior.

Last edited:
I feel like the Alton Ancestors have become a staple of Scarefest that won't get stale as time passes by - unlike the rest of the event. It'll be the last show of the day, not that they're being removed from the line up for next year.