• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2023

I did Sub Species every year and there was only a normal amount of touching. I think in its first year it was more physical with dragging in the tunnel etc, pushing against walls. But the idea H&S would not allow a prop alien to 'move quickly' but would allow biting—I'm not sure either of those sound true!
'You're right! :) The alien was not an animatronic, it was a puppet. It moved forward on a wire line and was meant to at quite some speed but due to H&S kicking up a fuss, the desired effect never fully worked with the standard GP runs and had to stop a considerable amount away from the original "impact point".'
Dug up from the Scarefest 2015 thread. Starting to doubt about the biting though.

Last edited:
To think you used to get a nice electric shock from a handrail on the Noah's Ark!
That would have made a brilliant halloween walk through.
In Saw Alive, apparently there was a fence which would give you an electric shock but it was stopped after about a month.
Edit: Oops, yet another double post. I should stop doing this.

Last edited:
Stopped after about 1 month or less if I remember right. It was a small gate you had to open. It sounded horrible!
You are right, I just checked. I will edit my post.

I always wondered if that gate was meant to shock you. Whenever I went first I'd kick it open just in case

I thought the invitation was decent. A totally different type of scare experience than a maze.
Me and the wife went in on our own and the bit where the vampire i think it was attacked the people we got soaked more than on most water rides lol.

They should go to xtreme scream and look at what thet are doing.

Last edited:
They should go to xtreme scream and look at what thet are doing.
Let's hope that they don't copy Xtreme Scream's reportedly terrible batching though.

Let's hope that they don't copy Xtreme Scream's reportedly terrible batching though.
The batching is ridiculus. We either wait till after 830 to do the mazes when its quieter or we basically stop walking once inside to give ourselves more space to the people ahead. I know thats unfair on the ppl behind but they arnt cheap tickets so you gotta do what you have to do to enjoy the experience.

What they do well is the roaming actors and interactions. I know during the day with children around it wud be hard but they could say children after 5pm maybe scared by events in the park and leave it up to the parents to decide if they should stay or not.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned already or not but with the Scarefest lanterns being left behind from Lightopia could we see them used at the event? They’d look pretty nice together after dark somewhere! As like a photo point?

I feel like the invitation would work well if there was an actual scare maze element to the attraction. Just like what they had in sub-terra. Keep the first section as the same. Once the audio finishes, intense strobes could kick in then you actually have to escape the burial chamber. Have a couple of extra shipping containers. Connected to where you exit and have the maze aspect in there

Me personally I did it twice. Didn’t get to do it on staff preview night because it wasn’t ready. First time I came out trembling. Second time it felt samey. They could turn it into something incredible

I said it before at the time but I think the biggest issue with The Invitation is that it didnt really make a lot of sense, maybe it's just me but I couldn't really understand what was meant to be happening. However, I found it terrifying, and so I'd be very happy for a similar audio experience to come back. I agree an audio experience combined with a maze would be better, but an audio experience alone, with a comprehensible plotline, wouldn't disappoint me

What’s everyone’s prediction for the lineup this year? We will finally see investment or more of the same?

I think 1x new maze (replacing AMT)
The Attic returning
Darkest Depth returning
The invitation returning (sadly)
Something over at Nemesis site (NST buffed up or a scare zone to promote Nemesis)

Even that I think is very optimistic

I really hope the invitation is removed and replaced by a maze however if that happens it likely we'll have another year of AMT, which is a solid maze, but it has been here since 2016. The Attic and Darkest Depths are probably in their final or penultimate year. I definitely think something will happen for Nemesis, similar to The Sanctuary and The Welcoming. Hopefully this is a year of change as the core of the event has been the same since 2019 (AMT, The attic, Darkest Depths were all open in 2019).

When it comes to the Scarefest entertainment this year they must be having lots of kids dance schools preforming at the weekends and during the half term holidays as my 2 nieces are performing on the 14th and 15th October and they doing a 30 min set twice a day.

I don't see the Invitation returning as it did last year, (thank goodness), but the name could still be used for a maze, which would be ok.

I've stopped being surprised when AMT returns.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the revamp the Attic to fit the Curse at Alton Manor storyline. That would probably also count as "new".

50/50 whether DD will return. Hoping another "family" maze replaces it if it goes. Perhaps, if the Curse Attic thing happens it would be the new family maze.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

As ive said before i must be one of the few who enjoyed the invitation. Me and the wife did it onour own and we got soaked by water.

The only thing id suggest to improve it is.maybe in the cage in front of you have quick flashes of lights to show maybe a figure or something.

I don't see the Invitation returning as it did last year, (thank goodness), but the name could still be used for a maze, which would be ok.

I've stopped being surprised when AMT returns.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the revamp the Attic to fit the Curse at Alton Manor storyline. That would probably also count as "new".

50/50 whether DD will return. Hoping another "family" maze replaces it if it goes. Perhaps, if the Curse Attic thing happens it would be the new family maze.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk
I think that this is possible. I like the Curse Attic idea.

I can honestly see the lineup for Scarefest remaining the same. I expect they will do something Curse/Nemesis related with street performers but not as a scare zone, as the current creative leads don't like them due to the abuse actors get.

However I can see The Invitation getting a significant overhaul becoming more like a traditional scare maze. Maybe we will see Mine Tours/Attic/Darkest Depths see some sort of overhaul but I can't see much potential of a new maze. But they could always surprise us with one...