• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarred for life

Who's watched 'A Close Shave'? I'm assuming most of you. When I was younger, the robotic version of Preston terrified me, to the point that when my little brother was in hospital for a few days, I refused to go inside his room for one reason only. There was a sticker of this robotic Preston on the door, and I honestly thought Preston was in that room.

Who's watched 'A Close Shave'? I'm assuming most of you. When I was younger, the robotic version of Preston terrified me, to the point that when my little brother was in hospital for a few days, I refused to go inside his room for one reason only. There was a sticker of this robotic Preston on the door, and I honestly thought Preston was in that room.
Did you ever find out if he was in the room though?

Cosmo and Dibs rocked, man!

I don’t remember it myself, but apparently there was an episode where their pet guinea pig died.... and they actually showed a dead critter in a box!!

I was thinking about this one last night. What is it about Diesel out of Thomas The Tank Engine that terrifies me so much? Maybe it's that evil face, and this chilling music. The sinister diesel engine sound as he pulled up with Ringo Star putting on a bad guy voice, with natation lines like he "boiled up alongside Thomas". Evil character.

Oooh, that melty-face "ghost" picture creeped me out when I first saw it as a youngling. Clearly fake as an adult, of course.

With advent of all us being able to Photoshop on the phone. This type of "errrrmagawd there is a ghost In this photo!!" Shock has luckily gone.

Next thing is stopping ghost hunters, telling me "orbs" are ghosts and not bits of dust floating about.

Just thank heavens borely rectory has been demolished.

I feel like there's a whole other topic to be made out of those classic "ghost" pictures. The legless floating woman, the guy in an electric chair behind the window of a tube train, the creepy kid with glowing eyes at the top of the stairs, etc. etc.
... All totally explainable when you know the first thing about [traditional] photography, double exposure, and people's willingness to believe.

And don't get me started on "orbs".

Last edited:
I used to watch most haunted. I found it, entertaining shall we say. in the early days especially before they decided to turn on the only person anyone watched it for. Yes it's ok to trap Derek achorah for being fake, but don't kick a cupboard and scream. When they started doing seances, I would just laugh "sharp in take of breath the table is moving" yes of course it is. You are in a castle with cobbled floors.

Most haunted live............ Ghostwatch was more realistic. Even parky possession was better acted than Yvette could ever hope for.

I loved the time they tried a seance in the Hex Octagon.
You know, that room intentionally designed to be spooky.
Ahhhh yes the Alton towers episode. Creepy old building is haunted. You can tell, because stones are being thrown!!

The ghost train at Blackpool is very haunted if you go buy there "investigation"aswell.

The melting man from one of the Robocop films. I haven't watched any of them since because I never want to relive my horror, but it involved a van and a load of acid, I think.

The Blair Witch Project tent scene properly effed young me up.

A couple of honorable, semi film related traumas:

- My town was bombed in the early 90s while I was curled up on the sofa watching Beauty and the Beast. It happened when she was first wandering up to the Beasts tower/quarters/room/whatever and some of our windows ended up blown out, so that was a fun...if unexpected 4D experience.

- I'm not 100% sure which ride, but it was a jungle cruise at either Drayton Manor (convinced it was here) or Bellewaerde. A hippo in the water which, to a young me, looked like a hellish sea creature. It probably looked entirely normal, but I had a full-blown screaming panic attack over it. This was a while after I'd watched Jaws and The Blob (coming up through the bath, shudder) which led to a water phobia. Oh to be a weird kid again haha.