• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld meltdown

Like anything Airfan - it's the absurd polarised views that irritate.

People comparing Seaworld as though it's inherently against animals or its staff deliberately mis treats them.

Of course there's change to be made, but nothing is black or white - and certainly not the documentary.

I understand what you're saying. I've done so much research into the subject and to be honest the 'Blackfish brigade' definitely are better informed/more credible. There are obviously the nuts that are, for example, on Twitter who probably aren't doing much for the plight of these whales (and SeaWorld loves this), but there are also SeaWorld fanatics who literally believe these whales are living in Disneyland. What irritates me is that SeaWorld are dishonest and hugely contradictory when responding to the backlash.

To give you an example, one of the points of concern raised in the film was the park separates its mothers and calves. SeaWorld responded with this on Twitter:

Ej3VWR1.jpg

... the two whales in the photo were seperated 6 years ago, the calf was moved to a park in Spain whilst the mother remains in a park in San Antonio ;)