• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Shanghai Disneyland

Bump!

Disney have announced an expansion to Shanghai Disneyland. It's not Star Wars but it is another entire area based on a single IP, this time Zootopia.

zsd20394802349823fi-624x352.jpg

Looks like there is set to be one major attraction, entertainment, F&B and retail outlets. One would hope with this being a whole new area that there might be secondary attractions as well, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Construction is due to start later this year but no timeframe has been given for an opening; sometime in 2021 seems likely.

Was just about to post this!

This is really exciting - it'll be Shanghai's first unique addition (if you don't count Woody's Round-Up, which I really don't as it's kinda pants). I love Zootopia, and Shanghai - for all its reported faults - is a real quality park. I can't wait to return.

Wasn't Tron a unique attraction, as well as Roaring Rapids, the high ropes course, and many other things?

Sorry to double post and bump the thread, but according to Blog Mickey, Shanghai Disneyland is reportedly accepting bids for a “high-speed outdoor roller coaster”: https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/rumor-shanghai-disneyland-adding-a-new-high-speed-roller-coaster/

In case you’re wondering, here’s the tweet that fuelled this rumour:

It’s been said that the ride will be a double launch coaster a switch track, although little else has been said besides that. The precise nature of the ride is unknown, although with this being Disney, I’d guess it won’t be an especially intense or thrilling ride.

What are everyone’s thoughts?