• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Smiler NOT OPENING Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

Re: Smiler Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

Ok, I'm being brave. I'm in. (Please be gentle with me!)

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Amy_D said:
Ok, I'm being brave. I'm in. (Please be gentle with me!)

You will be fine :) get someone's phone and number and meet up! Best of luck...I will be at work :-( xx

Boo :( I've heard very good things from TheMan about you and Pixie, looking forward to meeting you both at some point! Will be meeting TheMan though hopefully, and being brave, trying to integrate myself haha! Thank you for your message :D

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Awww bless you! Yes he does have a soft spot for us.....can't wait to meet you too!

Ah he really does. Maybe another meet soon? I'm planning lots of visits, thinking it might be worth a MAP x

Re: Re: Smiler Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

Amy_D said:
badlydrawnkelBel said:
Awww bless you! Yes he does have a soft spot for us.....can't wait to meet you too!

Ah he really does. Maybe another meet soon? I'm planning lots of visits, thinking it might be worth a MAP x

Hopefully will get to another meet soon! Well worth the money. ...you must! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: Smiler Meet PART ONE - Thursday 23rd May

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Amy_D said:
badlydrawnkelBel said:

Hopefully will get to another meet soon! Well worth the money. ...you must! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think I will. Don't want to have to consider ticket prices every time I want to come to a meet! x

PS Thanks again! x

This may be a bit late, but is there any chance of a lift from Stoke train station on Thursday morning?

How busy are we expecting this to be? Rumors of 20,000 people seem a little far-fetched to me, but then again I've never been to a ride opening.

Ben. said:
How busy are we expecting this to be? Rumors of 20,000 people seem a little far-fetched to me, but then again I've never been to a ride opening.

No way. It will likely reach that over the weekend, but I would doubt any more than 10-15k for a weekday.

I'm guessing that 20,000 rumour being based on pre booked Tickets!
I know we are staffed for a busy day!

I have heard rumours of 17-18k for Thursday with over 20k on Saturday. However I have no idea how true these rumours are.

:)

I know I've already mentioned this, but I'm really desparate now - is anyone able to pick me up from Stoke station on thursday? I can be there for about 7:50.

Anyone? Please?

OK, what time are people getting there and meeting? i.e., exactly how early do I need to be waking Kaycee up?!

AshleeKel said:
I know I've already mentioned this, but I'm really desparate now - is anyone able to pick me up from Stoke station on thursday? I can be there for about 7:50.

Anyone? Please?

I'm not driving so I can't help, but according to Transport Direct you can go to Uttoxeter station and get a 32A to Towers which could get you there for 9:45am at least?

Joel said:
AshleeKel said:

Anyone? Please?

I'm not driving so I can't help, but according to Transport Direct you can go to Uttoxeter station and get a 32A to Towers which could get you there for 9:45am at least?

I checked train tickets and for some reason getting to Uttoxeter more than doubles the cost of my journey :(

Check each stage individually, will work a lot cheaper. Would offer, but don't go through Stoke

I will be there for 8 so will wait in splash for others :)

Im in two minds about this...

Part of me REALLY wants to be down for opening and i'm sure i'll regret it if I don't, but driving down from Newcastle will be the furthest i've ever driven alone and i'm going back in just over 2 weeks time. Not to mention everyone I know is busy with college and exams so it would have to be a solo mission :(

My idea of driving through the night then kipping in the Hotel car park does sound exciting though... :/

AshleeKel said:

Anyone? Please?

I should be going through Stoke at about 7:15 if you're able to get there any earlier. Sorry if not. :(