• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

So how many of us use fastrack?

Do you use fastracks?

• Occasionally

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
Natalie said:
smudge said:
Meat Pie said:
smudge said:
I seriously doubt an 'average' amount of families on an average income even know how to save. Especially when almost everything is available with a finance package these days.

Of course there are flaws in this comment, ( and don't want to offend, ) although on the whole, people on lower income generally have lower intelligence levels, less drive & less qualities required to bring in a 'higher' income. This in turn changes the way they live their life, instead of eating nice food or driving a nice car, or living in a big house, they choose to go to the pub every night, for example. My point is this 'low income' family choose not to be able to go to AT, they choose to buy a new games console ( good example Barry ) or choose to smoke etc etc.

NMW is in place so all families can afford to do things such as theme parks. Although if they choose to use the disposable income on something else then that's up to them.

Poor people are stupid and it's their own fault they are poor? I can only deduce from this position that you are proponent of feudalism sent from the middle ages to show us the error of our modern socially conscious ideas and egalitarian ambitions.

I mean how could the distribution of wealth have anything to do with the fact that people are born into vastly different economic positions, and that those who have all the wealth use their power and influence to keep the masses suppressed in a life of low-income wage slavery, so that they can continue to increase their 'profit' and squeeze every last greedy penny..?

::)

Oh come on! National Minimum Wage does certainly not constitute 'slavery.' Not to mention the low-income benefits UK citizens receive. I was talking UK here, not third world civilization. If you are born (or legally live) in the UK you have the same opportunities as anyone else, with few exceptions.

I am on minimum wage salaried and receive no benefits or tax breaks, money is tight atm but doing business and training to be an accountant has taught me how to budget with treats with some of my spare cash whilst still being able to afford to pay my finance on my car, my phone bill, my rent and also paying for my own college course. I am willing to take on a second job in the evening to have extra money once I've finished my report for college. I am 23 so I get paid full minimum wage. Sure it would be nice to get help from the government but I don't fit the criteria. I don't buy fastracks because I budget for a annual pass every year which means I don't feel the need for them, I went 43 times last year with my car which means I got my money's worth just by parking alone not to mention the discounts on food and the entry price.

You have completely validated my point, thanks.

You are on NMW, yet have a new car, pay for education, pay rent, pay bills, go to AT 43 times a year, have a new phone & have a MAP. No disposable income then? ::)

If you had your own house (rented or owned), or had a child, you would receive tax relief, period. Not to mention the many other financial benefits (Which you are rightly entitled to, may I add.)

Managing money is all common sense really. I wouldn't say it's down to wealth.

It is quite shocking though just how many people do not manage money properly.

You are on NMW, yet have a new car, pay for education, pay rent, pay bills, go to AT 43 times a year, have a new phone & have a MAP. No disposable income then? ::)

If you had your own house (rented or owned), or had a child, you would receive tax relief, period. Not to mention the many other financial benefits (Which you are rightly entitled to, may I add.)

[/quote]

I have checked if I'm eligible for anything I'm not, I couldn't even get help to pay for my education to get MAAT after my name so I can get off minimum wage, I NEED a car because I don't live in a city and we don't have many buses come through my village, it's on finance because my last car was dying and I can't afford to buy a car outright, I also go to Towers that many times because my other half is employed there and it's the cheapest thing to do whilst I wait for him to finish work, I need a phone because even though I am 23 my parents still like to know I've made it to my partners safely as it's a distance away and to contact TST members and then I usually use whatever Christmas money I have to buy my annual pass because I know it will more than pay for itself. I shouldn't have to explain what I do with my money but I have done, I have revalidated all my reasons. You shouldn't judge people if you haven't walked in their shoes.

Natalie said:

I have checked if I'm eligible for anything I'm not, I couldn't even get help to pay for my education to get MAAT after my name so I can get off minimum wage, I NEED a car because I don't live in a city and we don't have many buses come through my village, it's on finance because my last car was dying and I can't afford to buy a car outright, I also go to Towers that many times because my other half is employed there and it's the cheapest thing to do whilst I wait for him to finish work, I need a phone because even though I am 23 my parents still like to know I've made it to my partners safely as it's a distance away and to contact TST members and then I usually use whatever Christmas money I have to buy my annual pass because I know it will more than pay for itself. I shouldn't have to explain what I do with my money but I have done, I have revalidated all my reasons. You shouldn't judge people if you haven't walked in their shoes.

I have sent you a PM explaining my comment, although it's hypocritical you judging me, assuming I "haven't walked in your shoes."

I wasn't even suggesting you don't spend your money wisely, all I was saying was that if you can go AT 43 times, you could afford a Fastrack :p *trying to swerve back onto topic*

The idea of fast track at a premium deserves no place in a good theme park. I've always believed that a park should aim to provide every one of its guests with the best experience they can. Once they step through that gate (and even before they do in fact), everyone should be entitled to the same levels of service.

It's not a matter of class, it's a matter of respect for customers. Alton is an expensive day out and markets itself as a premium resort with the focus on experience. Paid line jumping couldn't be more removed from this ethos and is the kind of cheap money making tactic used by companies like Ryanair. It's the equivalent of eating at an expensive restaurant only to discover that you can pay more to have your order arrive before other customers'.

It baffles me that some fans of Alton and the wider industry are okay with this. I'm not sure if it's because we've gotten used to it or because visiting the park so many times in a season devalues the experience. If you go across to mainland Europe where there is a lot of competition, well run parks understand why it is important to have happy customers and don't implement paid fast track.

Unfortunately, with Merlin having somewhat of a monopoly here, few guests at UK theme parks get to see how good it can be otherwise, I'm sure it would be seen as less acceptable.

smudge said:
Of course there are flaws in this comment, ( and don't want to offend, ) although on the whole, people on lower income generally have lower intelligence levels

You may wish to research that a little more...

I really wish this belief that if you don't chase wealth, you are not clever would go away. Some of the most spiritually enlightened, brightest people of all time do the polar opposite. Gandhi for example, born into great wealth and could have been an exceptional Lawyer or businessman.

Yes this moves away from Fast Track, there is strong evidence around to suggest that it is in fact the opposite - and those that do not chase wealth/power etc in fact have higher levels of intelligence.

So, Boris or Gandhi?

Anyway, Fast Track lol ;D as you were...

(Gandhi & Fast Track; Only on Towers Street ;D)

TheMan said:
smudge said:
Of course there are flaws in this comment, ( and don't want to offend, ) although on the whole, people on lower income generally have lower intelligence levels

You may wish to research that a little more...

I really wish this belief that if you don't chase wealth, you are not clever would go away. Some of the most spiritually enlightened, brightest people of all time do the polar opposite. Gandhi for example, born into great wealth and could have been an exceptional Lawyer or businessman.

Yes this moves away from Fast Track, there is strong evidence around to suggest that it is in fact the opposite - and those that do not chase wealth/power etc in fact have higher levels of intelligence.

So, Boris or Gandhi?

Anyway, Fast Track lol ;D as you were...

(Gandhi & Fast Track; Only on Towers Street ;D)

Erm, yes after re-reading that comment, it was certainly uninformed and fundamentally wrong.

Sorry.

There was no research either ;) just a viewpoint of only a few personal examples I am aware of. It was wrong to generalise on something I know little about.

smudge said:
Erm, yes after re-reading that comment, it was certainly uninformed and fundamentally wrong.

Sorry.

There was no research either ;) just a viewpoint of only a few personal examples I am aware of. It was wrong to generalise on something I know little about.

To be fair Smudge, I wasn't aiming that at you really you just opened up an opportunity to address a wider perspective. This is something the media etc feed the minds all day every day. And of course, one's own experiences colour our perception also.

Obviously it gets a bit less serious when I compare Gandhi and Fast Tracks hahaha!

I hope my comments didn't come across too harsh to you.

Hey guys just a quick note to keep things on topic.

I'm aware that the points in discussion are related, in a very loose sense, but NMW & wealth/poverty talk could perhaps be split to Corner Coffee?

Cheers :)

Sent using Tapatalk