• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sonic Spinball - 2014 and Beyond

I really enjoy the ride but for some reason I found myself being proper annoyed at its existence on Saturday so I wouldn't be upset if it went away. Think it'd be great if they did get round to relocating it to the resort side. Have it open in the evening just for hotel guests. Would be brilliant.

As I was saying on the weekend, I quite like Spinball and tbh I'd be sad if it went. I just wish it was in a proper location (and Mourn A Son had remembered people have legs)
Seemed to be an awful lot of jamming restraints down at the weekend, spin ball was the worst, galactica pretty painful to :/

I managed to get epic restraints on Oblivion though, so was actually interesting

I was at the Towers on Friday just gone (26th) and took a ride on Spinball for the first time in a long while. While I've never been a huge fan of the ride, I did notice that it is particularly rough these days, and there were a lot of people getting off the ride complaining of this. It also seems to be regularly breaking down for no apparent reason. Personally I think it has served great as a family coaster, but with SW8 coming next year I have a feeling that it is reaching the end of its lifespan. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed Spinball entirely and used the space to expand CBeebies, as recent evidence shows this is where Merlin believe there is money to be made.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I noticed on my ride on Spinball yesterday, and noticed one of the ride cars made a rather unpleasant grinding noise as it went around the track. Bit concerning.

When I was there a few weeks ago one of the carts kept failing for some reason (cart 4) They had to take it off and put another on

Like many have said I think there are one of two possibilities for Spinball. 1) it goes soon, probably end of season for CBeebies expansion 2) it stays on park but is relocated to air car park

Like many have said I think there are one of two possibilities for Spinball. 1) it goes soon, probably end of season for CBeebies expansion 2) it stays on park but is relocated to air car park
I don't think it would get relocated to the car park because that land I think should be marked out for a major thrill coaster. But I do think that spinball should go and a new younger kids coaster should be built in cloud cuckoo land when they re-theme that I'm thinking a Gerstlauer bobsled coaster would fit well in that area of the site.

I think they will expand CBeebies land as there is a lot of investment in the hotel etc

Due to the closeness of houses around that section of the park. It would make sense to have quieter rides for younger kids there. To keep noise complaints down from the neighbours.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Due to the closeness of houses around that section of the park. It would make sense to have quieter rides for younger kids there. To keep noise complaints down from the neighbours.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Yes I agree with you also I reckon it would be a great site for a CBeebies dark ride. Or they could fit a good few kiddie flat rides or a small coaster or they could just re-theme spinball.

How big is Duel's site (including backstage areas behind it) New dark ride over that end for CBoobies and relocate Spinball into a newly themed Gloomy Wood (something bright and cheerful, not dark please)

Why would you remove a popular family coaster next to the kiddie park?
Five years ago there was talk of moving it here or there because of this or that.
Nothing came of it then, I don't see any changes coming now either.
It is fine where it is, does a good job, popular with punters, and makes dippy puke.
No real reason for expensive changes to a solid ride.

Sorry for bringing up a very old topic but if this new ride planned for coaster corner is a family thrill coaster could we see Spinball been removed so they can make CBeebies land bigger.

The removal of Spinball has been on the cards since in was referenced in the 2012 long term development plan. It’s also not particularly popular with the planners.

If they need to throw a compromise at the planners/locals to help get the new development in Coaster Corner approved, then this could well be Spinball’s time.

Last edited: