• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sonic Spinball - 2014 and Beyond

The deal was scheduled to end in 2016 but I presumed this meant 2016 would be its final season as Sonic Spinball. Anyone is able to edit Wikipedia and nothing has been said on their website or social media about it reverting back to Spinball Whizzer, so I'd take it as a mistake by whoever edited the page.
Yeah I rarely trust anything on Wikipedia but I thought it may have been worth mentioning

the website still says its sonic as well - that would be the first thing to change surely

It has already been mentioned that Sonic will be returning to Spinball this year due to no renewal on the IP. Wikipedia updated will just be some geek that has read this forum and went to edit wiki.

On the Towers Wikipedia page it says that Sonic has returned to "Spinball Whizzer" for this season
The deal was scheduled to end in 2016 but I presumed this meant 2016 would be its final season as Sonic Spinball. Anyone is able to edit Wikipedia and nothing has been said on their website or social media about it reverting back to Spinball Whizzer, so I'd take it as a mistake by whoever edited the page.

If Sonic is on a rolling three year contract it would technically be up for renewal at the start of the 2016 season not the end. As far as the name change goes someone on Wikipedia may have inside knowledge and "leaked" it onto Wikipedia ahead of it being confirmed.

What is the bolt like thing, near the bottom of the supports?

latest

Always nice to see the photo I took confirming the retheme to Sonic.
Should have charged the amount of places it appeared.

On the new Park map is says that Sonic is renamed to Spinball Whizzer, so for once Wikipedia may have been right, or just a lucky guess, I'm saying the later

Given the current situation with various rides closing or not being operational, it surprises me that there's a discussion about Spinball closing.

I personally really like the ride, it's fun and very re-ridable as the spinning means it's not exactly the same every time.

Silently a bit gutted the Sonic theming is gone, admittedly it was a bit of a random theme but it reminds me of being 5 years old and owning a sega mega drive!

No more Sonic... gonna have to change my name now :(

bout time they got rid of the ride altogether tho, the bone shaking, back braking, vomit inducing heap that it is

Surely changing it back to Spinball Whizzer means it's not going for a few seasons yet, can't see it lasting much longer. When do you think it will be removed?

Can't see it going in the next 5 years or so just seems to nicely fit a family coaster demographic, why get rid of it? Its not like its really rough it may not be the most imganative or well themed ride and is no throughput monster but I think it has its place and atm with so many rides gone or out of action this season it would suck imo if it went anytime soon as it would be another blow to the lineup.

It depends if/when they have enough other family coasters/rides to have it then removed and replaced (with what I dont know maybe Cbeebies expansion? Not a giant foot print). I reckon it will go before Dragons Fury at Chessington due to Dragons Fury being one of the big dogs at Chessington. The new soundtrack is funky and does certainly give more chance of the ride having further longevity.

Surely changing it back to Spinball Whizzer means it's not going for a few seasons yet, can't see it lasting much longer. When do you think it will be removed?
I think it'll be around for a little while yet, but I'm not sure the changing of the name has much to do with that?

If anything, if it isn't going to be around for a while, it's perhaps best to revert it to its old name, rather than repaint/rename/remarket.