• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

They have spent a rumoured £3-4m on this new season.

Can't say I'm overly optimistic about what they have come up with. What does £3m get you these days in this industry? Not a great deal.

The place looks a million times better this year from the outside. The new ride that isn't the booster was testing late last night.

Quiz question ... What's this (not so) random bit of metal preventing cars getting into the car park ?

PXL_20230609_202408346.jpg

The place looks a million times better this year from the outside. The new ride that isn't the booster was testing late last night.

Quiz question ... What's this (not so) random bit of metal preventing cars getting into the car park ?

Did you get any pictures last night ? I wonder if it’s going to be heavily themed or generic ?

MPP_LEC_070715_Camelot_002.jpg

I think it's more likely going to be what they call a specific area of the park, perhaps with the new coaster rather than the rebrand of the park, it's an iconic name that they have no reason to change. I mean for starters Norman Wallis saved the park as he felt the place was special so I can't see him changing the name. I certainly hope they don't anyway, even if it would be a good name for a park.

What new coaster are we talking about exactly?
There is no sign and no planning.
Discovery Bay is simply the old zoo site, isn't it?
I still think theres a good chance they build the coaster they've got planning permission for. We have to remember Southport are struggling for money but they're trying which is the important thing.

I still think theres a good chance they build the coaster they've got planning permission for. We have to remember Southport are struggling for money but they're trying which is the important thing.
I do admire parks that despite the odds are willing to try their best to make the best out of difficult circumstances, if only other parks in the country did the same could do the same *cough*M&D's*cough*.

Hasn't it already been said that they are not now building the coaster they have consent for?
RCDB has a new for 24, but I can't see that happening either with zero planning or ground prep.
Not had a decent adult coaster open on my last half dozen visits.

Hasn't it already been said that they are not now building the coaster they have consent for?
RCDB has a new for 24, but I can't see that happening either with zero planning or ground prep.
Not had a decent adult coaster open on my last half dozen visits.
As far as I'm aware no statement has been made regarding it. It won't be opening in 2024 I agree, but I don't see any reason it cannot in the future. They've probably ran into a funding issue, they wouldn't have put in an expensive application and followed it through if they didn't want to actually build it.

The park owner confirmed last August that the Thunderbolt isn't happening, but something different is coming for 24.
Not sure of the planning rules within the park itself, but if they are getting a new coaster next year, it looks like it will be a travelling/luggable one.

The park owner confirmed last August that the Thunderbolt isn't happening, but something different is coming for 24.
Not sure of the planning rules within the park itself, but if they are getting a new coaster next year, it looks like it will be a travelling/luggable one.
That's quite disappointing. It will probably be some crappy spinning mouse thing.

It’s been pretty quiet on the news front for the new area , anyone been recently to see what the progress is like ? Part of me thinks it’s going to be pushed back to next year for opening ?