• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

They already have the train, but the track layout hardly lends itself to relocation so I'm not really sure how they're planning on using it

According to a report on PBE, there has been no removal of track from Camelot.
Bet it doesn't happen, sadly.
Southport has previous for collecting old trains from Camelot and doing nothing with them.

Crazy thought.... What if they are actually buying Enigma from Pleasurewood Hills, and they've bagged the Knightmare trains to canibalise in to a second and third train for that?

According to a report on PBE, there has been no removal of track from Camelot.
Bet it doesn't happen, sadly.
Southport has previous for collecting old trains from Camelot and doing nothing with them.
There is without a doubt Knightmare track at Southport, there are literally pictures of it in storage there! Southport purchased Knightmare for £800,000 and the track will be fully refurbished just outside of Blackpool by the same company that refurbished it after its transfer from Japan, this is happening :)

20431385_2038505012842117_516006753368143014_n.jpg

Track and trains at Southport credit to Theme Park Worldwide.

Last edited:
@MakoMania I wonder if that track could be the additional BMRX storage track that was never assembled at Camelot.

Anything you can see from the road is still standing, I drove past this morning.

@MakoMania I wonder if that track could be the additional BMRX storage track that was never assembled at Camelot.

Anything you can see from the road is still standing, I drove past this morning.
Possible, however when you see the track in person it looks fairly worn which makes me think it is probably from the station/break run which wouldn't be visible from driving past.

Possibly - but it arrived in the UK worn, of course. I also wonder in that the way the ride is built that it would be easier to dismantle the higher sections first, but what do I know. The cool kids need to get their drones out.

Also, it's still listed for sale, not that that means anything.

This is probably just going to be another Dragon Flyer and sit at Southport for years without any significant amount of track turning up.

Took a (legal) sneak peak at the Knightmare site yesterday, as the mrs wanted to do Park Hall (next door) for her anniversary pearl hunt.
Absolutely no change on the site, the ride looks as rotten as I remembered it, and as there has been no mention at Pleasureland, and they still haven't opened their "new" looper yet, I call this rumour out as absolute cobblers.

and they still haven't opened their "new" looper yet, I call this rumour out as absolute cobblers.

Not disputing anything else that you've stated here, but the Speed Loop Pinfari coaster did (finally) open for the first time on Friday.

I call this rumour out as absolute cobblers.

It's not really a rumour when track & trains are at Southport Pleasureland. Whether they will ever get it open is a different question :p
One or more ride brokers use land at Pleasureland for storage. A few rides have been stored at the site and never used at the park. The ride was still advertised for sale a few weeks ago.

Just saying. Maybe they're storing it. Maybe they bought it. Whatever happens, I suspect it'll need to be entirely gone from the Camelot site in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
In a way, I'm happy that it may have found a new home. But I'm sad that it's possibly Southport because that place ain't a patch on what it used to be.

I always thought the coaster could've been a nice little fit for somewhere like Lightwater and even Drayton- It wouldn't be all too expensive, is thrilling and could be marketed in such a way that draws in the crowds again.

If I was a small to mid-sized park looking for a large coaster, I'm not sure Knightmare would be it.

By the time I had got my costs together to buy it, disassemble it, transport it, refurbish it, re-transport it, get it through the planning process and assemble it... I'd have put down the calculator and flipped open the Vekoma catalogue.

That thing is a lot of ride for a not so big park. It's a great ride too, but money talks. Still odd it wound up at Camelot.