• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

Here is a cool aerial shot from 2006 (has the Corbiere Wheel and Chairoplane that were new that season).

Pleasureland_Aerial2006.jpg

It was around this time that I was begging to go to Southport for a day from Blackpool! Then they closed Blackpool Pontins and left the one in southport open, so I got to go there everyday (after they'd ripped the place down obviously)

It was such a fun little park. The days of Chaos, the Traumatizer and of course the famous Cyclone. Its only 35 miles from me so we had lots of great days out there as kids.

Real shame to see what's it's become.

It was such a fun little park. The days of Chaos, the Traumatizer and of course the famous Cyclone. Its only 35 miles from me so we had lots of great days out there as kids.

Real shame to see what's it's become.

It was great around 2000, could get the train up in the evening for late night riding which included your dinner. Think I visited most years between 99-05.
Only been back twice, but last May I visited and was pleasantly surprised by the area (not the coasters though). Hopefully with a lease secured now they can look to put in some more permanent rides and Coasters in the next few years.

Looking back I still can't believe the council let pleasure beach knock down the Cyclone. They could've easily stopped it from happening and got someone to operate it on a seasonal basis when in the early years they were failing to get any plans in place for the site.

Not another Knightmare gag...a genuine question.
Walking round the outside of the site at the weekend, I noticed a steel model of the Eiffel Tower, in about four bits, round the back of the park (sea prom side), together with a runaway mine coaster and track in bits.
Anyone know the previous history?
Thorpe had a model eiffel tower didnt they?

Not another Knightmare gag...a genuine question.
Walking round the outside of the site at the weekend, I noticed a steel model of the Eiffel Tower, in about four bits, round the back of the park (sea prom side), together with a runaway mine coaster and track in bits.
Anyone know the previous history?
Thorpe had a model eiffel tower didnt they?

I thought it was a model of Blackpool tower! It’s been sat on the ground like that for months now. No idea what the crap little coaster in bits is

It's the same as Mighty Mini Mega at Adventure Island. They're designed for kids you know. :p;)

Suppose it depends what you want, it's a lot more sedate than say Blackpool.

Pleasureland is on the edge of a nice park you can walk around, there's a water park next to Pleasureland plus there's a pier and a retail park with a cinema nearby. Lord Street (which the streets of Paris are based on) is lovely on a summers day. Not sure how many shops are left nowadays.

At worse jump on Merseyrail and your 30 minutes away from Liverpool City centre.