• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Well the negative reviews are coming in thick and fast now on TA from people who stayed in them over the past 2 months in the rainy weather we have had!

Well the negative reviews are coming in thick and fast now on TA from people who stayed in them over the past 2 months in the rainy weather we have had!

The overall 4 out of 5 does seem surprising to me given how negative a lot of the text reads. I think many people give them a rating of 3 but then write something quite negative.

Yet the tripe advisor reviews overall are pretty positive.
Indeed, I think if people book them knowing what they're getting or have camped/glamped in similar facilities, there won't be the same hostility as someone who has chosen the cheapest accommodation deal without understanding what it is.

4 out of 5 on Trip Advisor isn't bad going really. Will be interesting to see if that holds up as the facilities get older.

It was an absolute flat out no from my significant other, so don't think I'll be in them for a while myself...

I think companies need to be making prices realistic given the circumstances and trying to actively encourage people to stay over.... not put them off by charging £167 for a night in a shed.

I think companies need to be making prices realistic given the circumstances and trying to actively encourage people to stay over.... not put them off by charging £167 for a night in a shed.

But if people are wiling to book them?! Phantasialand's new hotel has tiny rooms but they theming is amazing, the price includes food, park tickets and extra ride time. What do you get in with pods - a towel? They are really a joke.

But if people are wiling to book them?! Phantasialand's new hotel has tiny rooms but they theming is amazing, the price includes food, park tickets and extra ride time. What do you get in with pods - a towel? They are really a joke.

A 9-hole round of Extraordinary Golf and a breakfast bap :rolleyes:

But Hotel Charles Lindburgh is priced significantly higher, it is £400 for the package, so the overall cost reflects that it includes tickets and dinner. Other hotels at PL are around £150 a night bed and breakfast.

The Pods are more comparable to Glamping.
Alton are still definitely over pricing them for what is offered but they can't be compared to a hotel with a full restaurant.

I thought the whole idea for these sheds was that you could stay on site at a reasonable price, instead of paying the hotel prices. Looking at the prices of these, i might as well pay a bit extra to stay in the hotel.

Relatively it's not even that much extra. Sure the Splash Landings Hotel is very tired but for about an extra 38ish pounds per night at least then you get your own bathroom and an actual fulfilling breakfast.

Edit: Fulfilling might be the wrong choice of wording.

To be fair if they were cheap and I was only sharing with one other person I would consider it. But at times it’s not much more to stop in splash, or if it’s all expensive I just wouldn’t bother staying at all.

I certainly wouldn’t want to share with three other people and pay a premium for it.

They would have to be under £70 for two people for me to even consider it I think.

A double room at the Chained Oak B&B is only £85 with a full cooked breakfast and still a short walk to the park.

I will pay up to £140 for one of the main AT hotels but they are overpriced for what is offered.