• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Travel lodges do great deals, and now and again they release limited rooms at a special price. I've got rooms for as little as £12 for the night before now, you get a whole full size room, TV, shower. My recent stay at Blackpool Travel lodge last month for the week worked out at just under £30 per night.

Agree Travelodge has become more consistent, no thrills but clean and more affordable. Premier Inn has really become a strong hotel chain now and I still consider it great value for money for their better quality finished rooms, self-owned pub chains and Costa. Travelodge may be cheaper, but they are much better now at delivering that consistency so you know what to expect which I do believe is associated to healthy competition with Premier Inn.

Last edited:
150 guests, full of beer, fizzy pop and poor quality food from the restaurants, queuing for 4 toilets in the middle of the night..... what could go wrong?!
Very generous! No chance anyone will be getting served with beer with the sheer madness of the inevitable queues unless they bring their own!

I'm sure Alton have thought this through and are devising a solution to this problem as we speak! I can personally see a bar extension coming, or maybe even a room service-type thing where guests can have beer transported straight to their pod!

Agree Travelodge has become more consistent, no thrills but clean and more affordable. Premier Inn has really become a strong hotel chain now and I still consider it great value for money for their better quality finished rooms, self-owned pub chains and Costa. Travelodge may be cheaper, but they are much better now at delivering that consistency so you know what to expect which I do believe is associated to healthy competition with Premier Inn.
Premier inn uttox has long been a better option than resort accommodation sadly

Imagine how popular Premier Inn would be if they opened their new £19 a night pod hotel near Towers.
Would you like the PriestmanGoode designed pod with a private power shower, tv and aircon or the wooden “minimalist themed” pod with a heater and a communal bathroom for at best four times the price?

Imagine how popular Premier Inn would be if they opened their new £19 a night pod hotel near Towers.
Would you like the PriestmanGoode designed pod with a private power shower, tv and aircon or the wooden “minimalist themed” pod with a heater and a communal bathroom for at best four times the price?
Now come on, let's be fair.... you also get a plug socket.

This whole fiasco is an embarrassment. How have we gone from the intricate and eccentric beauty of ATH, to a shed in a field?

I’m guessing after these have been built, the next accommodation will entail just being issued with a sleeping bag and an umbrella, then being ushered to a free space in Car Park F?

In fact, I take that back. There’s no such thing as a free car parking space at a Merlin attraction.

Yes, its sad isnt it. I recall how magical it did feel once staying in ATH. With the great entertainment, the exclusive perks of staying over, the little touches left in the rooms, it really was good times.

If these photos are anything to go by not only will you be uncomfortably close to those in the same pod as you in this accommodation, but you will also get to hear the family next door farting and snoring all night since they are extremely close together.

Fantastical escape indeed.

Can you copy and post the pics here please? Apparently i'm blocked from viewing TowersTimes Twitter :p :cool:

EDIT - YOU WONT SILENCE ME :p :p

DqwdwBJX4AA4tIA.jpg

DqwdwjuWwAA4rh2.jpg

Dqwd1eDWwAANc5p.jpg

Dqwd3HaW4AAWvoB.jpg

I love the fact that they haven't even bothered to remove the car parking sign before starting construction.

Last edited:
how are the sheds likely to withstand the strange environment of Alton? Looking at the pics they seem to be placed on a small patch of bedded dirt/gravel/compacted stones. Have the display models changed at all since they have been out in the elements, although we have had decent weather really since they were presented to the public.

The Enchanted Portakabins also look a bit grim in those pictures. How have they stood the test of time so far?

how are the sheds likely to withstand the strange environment of Alton? Looking at the pics they seem to be placed on a small patch of bedded dirt/gravel/compacted stones. Have the display models changed at all since they have been out in the elements, although we have had decent weather really since they were presented to the public.
Does it matter? They'll most likely be left to rot SBNO after their first season.