• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

I'm still unable to work out who the actual target market is for these pods.

Shareholders.

Ultimately, this is just a low risk, low cost way of getting a large number of beds into the resort in the quickest time possible to meet their resort theme park room targets for accommodation that have been banded about it the group's financial reports.

These should have been a sub £100 option, with a sensible plan for entertainment, food and beverage to be able to adequately service all guests in all hotels, lodges and pods. Instead, we're left with a rush job for 2019 and nowhere near enough facilities to be able to comfortably fit everyone in - especially during peak periods.

A bit more thought into these facilities would have ensured that guests staying would probably end up spending a lot more due to the high availability for food etc than they would lose in lowering the price of a pod by £30-£40 per night.

A slightly larger pod with a toilet/shower, then a decent sized pub/eatery in the centre and they'd be so much better. The bigger models aren't that much more expensive.

I could understand the price if they at least made an attempt to theme the area.

I don't mean anything near the level of the Wicker Man, but at least some kind of basic hobbit inspired look - Wooden lampposts, woodchip walkways etc.

It's just so incredibly lazy from Merlin, and I hope this fails miserably. Otherwise standards will continue to slip.

Unbelievable that splash is indeed only £30 more for a 2 night weekend stay in August! 233 v 263. This is sheer madness

Also I don’t believe for a second these sheds cost £4K each

At least they don’t seem to be open in September when I’m staying in splash, hopefully less people at the slowest bar ever!

These should have been a sub £100 option, with a sensible plan for entertainment, food and beverage to be able to adequately service all guests in all hotels, lodges and pods. Instead, we're left with a rush job for 2019 and nowhere near enough facilities to be able to comfortably fit everyone in - especially during peak periods.

And some actual stargazing element like glazed roofs or at least a sodding skylight!

Oh bloody hell. It looks amazing o_O

Let's be honest - it looks complete rubbish (substitute the last word for one of your choice). Have to laugh how a local B&B provider has posted the pics too!

It reminds me of "Bad Lads Army" on TV... then again, given the clientele... etc...

Maybe Towers are planning on getting back that "Sergeant Nemesis" guy they used to have to march guests from the hotels to the Valley for ERT into the Stargazing Village? He could rudely awaken guests at their allotted time, get them up and through the Ablutions block at their allotted time + issued with their breakfast baps in a timely manner to avoid overcrowding problems.

Hold on - I don't want to give them ideas...!

Unless they were basically free (or they paid guests) I do not see why anyone would want to stay in one of these.