• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Out of interest was looking to book fireworks Saturday
o_O
Unbelievable they are sticking to this price point.
iDtsUqX_d.jpg

Last edited:
That's a bargain if you ask me! :) Premier Inns are really nice to stay in.

A +1 vote for Premier Inns from me - their breakfasts are very good too, decent quality bacon, sausages & they use Heinz baked beans. In the Stargazing sheds you get a bacon or sawdust-sausage bap for breakfast, wow. Admittedly, the Premier Inn breakfast is extra, but up to children eat free for every paying adult which softens the blow. Some of the larger Premier Inns even have Costa Coffee units in the reception area, where you can get a quality bacon or sausage bap if you want a lighter & cheaper breakfast.

Someone in Towers Marketing must be on something to think that folks will pay £165 for a Stargazing Shed, even on Fireworks Saturday.

It will be interesting to see what the Stargazing Sheds are like after Easter Weekend... despite Towers better efforts, some of the travelling community always manage to get booked into the hotels over Easter & chaos normally ensues. Given the, err, compact nature of the Stargazing Sheds it is quite possible they will appeal to said guests.

Someone in Towers Marketing must be on something to think that folks will pay £165 for a Stargazing Shed, even on Fireworks Saturday.
The trouble is, some people will.

Some
people are so blindly loyal to everything Towers do that they will gladly hand ober their wallets without question.
I think those people would do well to remember these wise words ;) .

I'm sure there are ways you can get a Stargazing Pod for cheaper than £165; my mum managed to book the Alton Towers Hotel in June with park tickets for £195!

The trouble is, some people will.

Some
people are so blindly loyal to everything Towers do that they will gladly hand ober their wallets without question.
I think those people would do well to remember these wise words ;) .

I can think of some wise words for Merlin too....

For some things there is no rational explanation
There is no way out
There is no happy ending to this story
Welcome to the unknown
Welcome to eternal darkness
Welcome to Alton Towers 2019

Hold on... that sounds familiar...!

Aside from the Stargazing Pods being crap, Alton Towers really have no idea about what kind of content to put on insta. It’s honestly some of the worst stuff that I’m following right now. Pictures always low quality and more often than not they are just trying to sell you something. Very stark contrast when compared to Efteling or Europa Park’s pages.