• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

The Psychoaster said:
That looks incredibly unsafe - literally everything about it, no underwheels, no sidewheels, the lift mechanism looks rusted through. And the station looks like the side of someone's house!

Since it's been operating since 1928, I'm sure it's pretty safe.

The layout looks a bit boring though, it stops just as it gets going!

Sam said:
The Psychoaster said:
That looks incredibly unsafe - literally everything about it, no underwheels, no sidewheels, the lift mechanism looks rusted through. And the station looks like the side of someone's house!

Since it's been operating since 1928, I'm sure it's pretty safe.

The layout looks a bit boring though, it stops just as it gets going!

The age of it makes it likely to get more and more unsafe as the years pass. I maybe would have ridden it 84 years ago when it was brand new.

LOL... It's a Scenic Railway. We have two one (and a pile of burnt wood) of them in the UK. I can assure you they are safe. The Brakeman is in control of the train's speed at all times.

^ Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach's RollerCoaster - the only redeeming feature of the place.

Yeah the one at Great Yarmouth does look good. I'll have to try and visit some time. This particular scenic railway has some pretty spectacular views though!

A former travelling B&M Intamin inverted!

Suspended%20Roller%20Coaster3.jpg

It even has a B&M pre-drop!

bhqc894000eullgjblo5ea.jpg

I think you mean Giovanola. ;)

Oktoberfest_2005_-_Euro-Star.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGml9JDOebo&feature=related[/youtube]

It's got a brilliantly compact layout.

Jesus, I didn't even know it was possible to make an invert transportable? Looks brilliant as well!

Worth it though! If only fairs in our country could be as epic. Even our best fairs are blitzed by the German ones. :/

*-Shiver-* An Intamin knockoff of a B&M Invert!

That's like buying blackmarket knockoff toys from Wall Street!

6qgg000fo2rn4vh2mh01sc.jpg

Is that a translation issue, or are the Saudis really segregating sexes on roller coasters?!

As far as I know, there are seperate queues for male and female guests. Not sure how the seating works though.