• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

Orphan Rocker. Built 1988, features heavily banked turn on a 700ft cliff edge. Never actually opened...

15ninlbi55o6900ejk000r.jpg

2abrknlbi55g691gejk000.jpg

32mjeiule8kn0p481qe000.jpg

gtsm0p4c1qe000jequle8k.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/1870.htm

I though Arrow were bad for lack of lead ins, but they didn't even bother bending the track at all there. Flat, inclined, flat, it's sheer. :p

And yes, I want.

Is the reason it's been so delayed still because they were having issues with the tilting trains? I wouldn't be surprised if they've just completely given up now.

You'd have to pay me a lot of money not to ride that thing. Specifically, enough money for me to make my own! ;D

Rupert said:
Is the reason it's been so delayed still because they were having issues with the tilting trains? I wouldn't be surprised if they've just completely given up now.

Apparently they sent it round and sandbags got lost in various locations as the trains rocked too much.

Orphan Rocker? Blue Flash? Sorry, I thought this was meant to be 'Strange Roller Coasters', not the rides you learn all about on Day 1 of Enthusiast School. ;)

That reminds me, really must give Orphan Rocker its own topic at some point...

For some weird reason, I wouldn't mind seeing the Pleasure Beach build a massive version of that! :p

How does it work though? Is it chainlifted up one side and then dropped down and up to the other?

I think the Intamin Half Pipe coasters use LIM/LSM to move the train back and forth. It's practically a pirate ship that mated with a coaster :p

Ian said:
I think the Intamin Half Pipe coasters use LIM/LSM to move the train back and forth. It's practically a pirate ship that mated with a coaster :p

I see - must get a lot of airtime on it though!