• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

Did the great wall of China one pass everyone by?

Did no one notice even that has better tunnel theme than air? ;D I am also quite sure that there were "Drive Slow" signs on the way down. I have to say, that is one of the best I have seen on this thread yet!

As for the waterpark mentioned above, meh, not a patch on Chessington.

Well that's definitely one POV I won't ever be worried about seeing again!!

Slightly off topic now, but staying with the waterpark theme.

Seems China really love their waterparks, as seen by Chimelong Water Park:
20120428799179545.jpg

20120429613961505.jpg

20120429505981971.jpg

Also, there's nothing like turning the Beijing Olympic pool area into an underwater fantasyland:
Happy-Magic-Water-Park-002.jpg

But hey. We have Alton Towers Waterpark!

So that's a very tight, circular loop... and you get to ride it over and over again? O_O

Count me in! :p

Who needs a crane when it stalls!! They simply get the public with a bit of string to pull the car round the track (or was that actually the Gerst technical team?)

Also, just after it stalls and gets going again, did anyone notice it nearly runs the bloke on the bike over?!

And as Diogo says that near circular loop!!

The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is inaccurate. MANY wrongs make a right in that case ;D

DiogoJ42 said:
TheMan said:
The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is inaccurate. MANY wrongs make a right in that case ;D

In other words, The Ultimate. :p

Though I have shamefully yet to ride that still, really must address that, perhaps it should have been called "The Ultimate Wrong"? Maybe The Wrongtimate?

OK...

Most people on here will have heard of Skytrak, the world's first flying coaster which opened in 1997 at Granada Studios in Manchester, but who's hear of Komet?

isauv85in09aq0033ibb60.jpg

It opened in 1998 at Encounter Zone in Dubai, and was removed in 2005. Komet was the 2nd flying coaster ever to be built and had an impressive height of 7 feet!

7nkq0033mbb60uvc5ikg9a.jpg

8cbb8004etdco3rt0mar15.jpg

06tbb60uv85ing9aq0033o.jpg

niammc1tuob5g0ilg0027e.jpg

I've heard of that, Al. I've always liked the location of it being in a shopping mall playground things =P

But was the coaster's layout a complete circuit? The 3rd picture to me looks like it wasn't

Inversa, which is currently being built over in Brazil at the moment:

9ec8h000pkau0b4935uqub.jpg

3oe16lbo1ch4cnrc9d2400.jpg

kv25i4hivdj5k8g00cqlf0.jpg

3944qlf05i4hivdk5k8o00.jpg

2t5jb5s0m8i4btmsmh3001.jpg

Nice supports and trains...

That litterally has been made out of leftover truss and scaffolding! O.O

Still a credit though.

Do you think the park managers had to buy a roof rack to get it to the park? ;)

All I know is, I have an overwhelming desive to start clamping lights to it!