• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

To be fair, I bet the first ride would be pretty good fun! :p

Anyway, here's what is possibly the most grim place on earth...

pa-32.jpg

When you’re a kid, theme parks are a place where your dream can come to life. Wouldn’t it be great to feel that excitement once again?

In search of that childlike wonder, one of RocketNews24’s reporters recently visited the Lecian Grand Carnaval amusement park in Mandaue City on Cebu Island, in the Philippines. While it doesn’t have the high-tech animatronics and pyrotechnics of Disneyland, it offers plenty of old-fashioned attractions like a tilt-a-whirl and haunted house, plus a life-endangering roller coaster and very lenient napping policy.

“When I saw the gate that welcomes visitors to the park, I felt a little uneasy,” our correspondent told us. “Not just because it looked like it was slapped together from a few bucks’ worth of cheap lumber, but because I didn’t see any other customers, nor attendants for that matter.”
pa-26.jpg

"See all this? Yeah, you're not getting any of this!"

pa-41.jpg

Inside:

pa-51.jpg

The park has one of those rides where you sit in chairs that rise up into the air from the centrifugal force. It wasn’t running, and we think it may have been being used as some sort of dryer, judging from the laundry hanging on the fence around it.
pa-61.jpg

The coaster:

pa-71.jpg

Aside looking like the seat and rails are ready to fall apart at any time, there’s no safety equipment of any kind. Working day in and day out next to the unparalleled terror of the coaster must have desensitized its operator though, who we find napping comfortably underneath one of the cars.
pa-81.jpg

The dark ride:

pa-91.jpg

pa-111.jpg

Everything else:

pa-101.jpg

pa-121.jpg

pa-141.jpg

pa-171.jpg

pa-181.jpg

pa-151.jpg

pa-201.jpg

pa-221.jpg

pa-261.jpg

pa-251.jpg

pa-33.jpg

(source)

I kinda love how every single ride or attraction has got either washing hanging off it or a person sleeping in it.

Those last two parks (holes) have had me slack jawed!! I can't believe these hell-on-earth flea pits actually exist.

What is with those bizarre cars for the cycle place?? How is that remotely safe?!

Sent using Tapatalk

^ What on earth is that ride?!

That is the most bizarrest creation I have ever seen.

Here's another strange coaster (idea) that NASA have been considering as a means of escape for their astronauts, in case a launch goes wrong and they need to evacuate from their rocket quickly and safely into an underground bunker far enough from the rocket (before it explodes :p ). I posted about it a while ago but I've found more concept art so I figured I'd share the lot again:

egressx-large.jpg

2007-1005ares.jpg

space_coaster_nasa.jpg
rollerx-large.jpg

You've got to admit, this would be one of the best credits ever (also one of the scariest if it were ridden in the context it was designed to be used for :p )! The Kennedy Space Center (Centre) should consider building one for tourists! :p

Coaster-Net has more on it here.

Now THAT is a cred to boast about! Wouldn't mind riding that to be honest ;D

The Kursaal Amusement Park's Stratosphere Rocket:

K134.jpg

(source)

The only information I've been able to find on it:

xOv0G4q.png

Those cars look far too big for the track! I'm not sure I'd consider it safe! :p

Those cars are definitely way too big for the ride!! That track just looks so flimsy and it looks to be horrifically under-supported!