• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

As Dan said, we all did "The Event Tower" at Tilburg yesterday. It didn't even occur to me to think of it as a credit, and my criteria are pretty liberal. It's no more of a coaster than a ghost train.

Nom...

yingze_park_suspended_coaster.jpg

yingze_suspended_coaster.jpg

yingze_suspended_coaster_spiral.jpg

yingze_suspended_coaster_in_action.jpg

Ride location: Yingze Park
Photos Source: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1096479

Made by a company called 'Credible', so you know it's going to be good ;)

Doesn't look too dissimilar to Lightwaters old Bat Flyer (with an added spiral loft).... Which I think is still in the country somewhere.

Not a rollercoaster obviously, but this odd yet simple concept is very enticing:

That does look amazing, wonder if they could go any taller? Already been posted though I'm afraid ;)

My attention span appears to be withering, as proven twice in the past few weeks now on this forum :p

Here's one for you; a racing Virgina Reel themed (or possibly never themed?) to a giant dinosaur!

OlympicPark-DiplocudusConcept2.jpg

OlympicPark-1923Midway65.jpg

(Dip-lo-do-cus in the foreground)

A section from the National Amusement Park Historical Association's website:" said:
Olympic Park in 1923 installed the Dip-Lo-Do-Cus, an unusual John Miller designed roller coaster. Its name came from a 84 foot long dinosaur exhibited in the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh. His concept was that the coaster would be covered by sheet metal and painted to resemble the tropical region where the dinosaur once lived. The circular cars, had three sections, each holding two passengers. Since the cars, centered upon three points caused an unbalanced condition, as they travelled over the undulated track and banked turns in the figure-8 layout, they revolved giving passengers an exciting ride. It isn’t known whether Olympic Park’s ride was actually covered as the only photos show it looking like a small tight banked open roller coaster. (If anyone knows or has better photos, please contact Jeffrey Stanton.)

Source: http://lostamusementparks.napha.org/Articles/NewJersey/OlympicPark.html

Amazing! :p