• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

What is with the Astrobot rip off, the random piece of banked track, and the really loud foghorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What do you get if you mix Expedition Everest with a naff simulator...

Last edited:
Stock RCT screaming apparently :p

Credit to them though when you said a naff simulator I was expecting a warehouse with a screen. But no they actually used physical sets with projected effects. It wasn't well executed but if the room had actually been dark (I guess it was lit to show off the impressive trick track) it probably would have looked quite good!

that's hardly surprising.

Anyone else having flashbacks to 2009 when we all had those wonderful theories about what would happen inside the building on Th13teen?..

Oh what might have been :tearsofjoy:

Guessing this is the same ride type as the Guardians coaster at Epcot.

Interesting to note it can do launches, twist the cars, drop track. I can see this working well at a Guardians ride.

Theme Park Crazy just uploaded a top-10 video of creepy roller coaster trains... (you have been warned)

Last edited:
Have been in @rob666 territory today (in a place called Knuzden) and stumbled across this oddity when finding somewhere to exercise the hound. These were fairly common when I was a kid - I think more where we holidayed than locally, but I thought they were all but gone now - but they are still available in East Lancashire !

There are two - one 'traditional' and one inverted. It's essentially what we'd now call a Zipline, but it's all solid engineering, running on a track, not hugely dissimilar to the Caripro rides, like Batflyer at Lightwater (below).

1996-The-Batflyer.jpg

Anyway, the Knuzden Flyer & Knuzden Luge as we shall call them.

The Flyer

8SxtuW6.jpg

e5m7ELn.jpg

f8tZS0p.jpg

iZQ6Of0.jpg

The Luge

lgcNwJB.jpg

lZspCXa.jpg

The Flyer could certainly do with some 3 in 1 oil, but it was pretty functional and the Luge worked great. The Flyer quickly rocketed to #45 on my playground equipment list, although toppled to #375 when l landed awkwardly on the seat and suffered some gentlemanly discomfort.

It's grim up North, they say.

Is very cool to watch, but I'm not sure if it would actually ride any different to a 4D? Sure it'd be cool seeing the other people swing above and below you but it probably increases the chances of being hit by someone's shoes or sunglasses.

Still I wouldn't say no if it was built.

Sorry to bump this thread,
Just went onto RCDB and this flashed up in the random coaster home page. Trying to work out exactly what it is. Possibility one of the strangest coasters I've ever seen,
https://rcdb.com/9510.htm
It's sort of like a mini log flume with coaster style cars.