• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strongest coaster theming in the UK?

Out of interest, what is it that makes you Stealth and Colossus so highly for theming?
Stealths' theme is great not just from its physical sets, but the colour usage, the music, WWTP radio, and heck, The Ride itself. Its so eye-catching and is really imposing, definitely leaved a good impression on you. And let's not forget the attention to detail, such as the fake Advertisements on the surrounding buildings. Those were painted by hand, you wouldn't get that in Merlin Parks now. Let's not forget the WWTP Radio Truck as well, they could've left that space empty, but they didn't, and it really adds to the areas comforting feel and charm.

With Colossus, it's theming has aged better and better over the years. The Lost city's architecture looks great now as it actually looks like ancient, deteriorated ruins, and the greenery has grown over the years, making the area look vibrant and giving it a more natural feel. Wish the water was still in though. The soundtrack also really makes you feel excited and uneasy about the ride, and let's not forget the 'power of 10' quotes in the station.

If Colossus was smooth, I think it would be one of my top 5 favourite rides in the country, but for now, it's definitely in my top 25.

Last edited:
No one mentioned the runaway train!

Swarm, vampire and oblivion (when in their hay-day)

An honourable mention to rattlesnake when it was first opened.. the stunt show outside and almost overheaf, in-line animatronics and water effects did make it a queline I loved.

Completely biased but any of the towers coasters do it best.

I’m not so sure about that, the theming on Rita is weak, Thirteen is so subtle that it just looks like some scaffolding in a wood, and Galactica has the most notoriously unthemed plain tunnel there is.

Sure, Wicker Man is great and so is Nemesis but Thorpe is arguably stronger overall with Swarm, Saw, TWD, and Inferno all being very well themed. And Paulton’s has some great theming as well with Storm Chaser in Tornado Springs (easily the best themed area in the country) and Flight Of The Pterosaur in Lost Kingdom being well themed as well.

Last edited: