• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strongest roller coaster for airtime at Alton Towers?

Strongest Alton Towers roller coaster for airtime?

• Total voters
I mean what coaster at towers is based on airtime?
Wicker Man gives a bit that's about it,
Rita would give a small amount if it didn't have those god awful restraints.
Iā€™d personally say that:
  • Oblivion has excellent sustained airtime on the drop, as well as a fun pop going into the brakes.
  • Thirteen has some fun pops of floater airtime.
  • Rita has some surprisingly decent ejector airtime.
  • Smiler has two very decent pops of ejector; the second airtime hill in particular is brilliant, in my view!
  • Wicker Man has a fair few very fun pops of ejector. Iā€™d probably say that WM wins in the Alton Towers airtime stakes for me.
Admittedly, I wouldnā€™t say that any coaster at Towers is massively airtime-focused, but I think some of the coasters on park deliver some pretty good airtime myself!

Most of this is scraping the barrel though. In reality, you have 1 airtime hill on the Smiler (the other one is crap), free falling on Oblivion (which I don't really consider airtime as such) and a bit on WM and Rita if you're lucky when they've warmed up and you're sat near the back.

Iā€™d personally say that:
  • Oblivion has excellent sustained airtime on the drop, as well as a fun pop going into the brakes.
  • Thirteen has some fun pops of floater airtime.
  • Rita has some surprisingly decent ejector airtime.
  • Smiler has two very decent pops of ejector; the second airtime hill in particular is brilliant, in my view!
  • Wicker Man has a fair few very fun pops of ejector. Iā€™d probably say that WM wins in the Alton Towers airtime stakes for me.
Admittedly, I wouldnā€™t say that any coaster at Towers is massively airtime-focused, but I think some of the coasters on park deliver some pretty good airtime myself!
Thirteen doesn't go fast enough to give you air time. Unless you leave restraint loose(ish) and get some kind of air time when it trim brakes the first drop.

Thirteen doesn't go fast enough to give you air time. Unless you leave restraint loose(ish) and get some kind of air time when it trim brakes the first drop.
I once got floater airtime so strong on the drop I was practically standing. Since then, I haven't really been able to eke out much airtime at all from the ride; drop or the very trimmed 'airtime' hills.

Also 21% voted octonaut's is that just people having a laugh because it's a junior ride, I've never gone to towers with any younger relative's so have never really had a reason to venture into cbeebies land myself.