• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Submission's replacement

I would be quite happy if they just added a few flat rides, they don't even have to be worlds first or that exciting, just something to add some variety to the day. And to soak up the queues in areas of the park such as Dark Forest and X-Sector.

A Huss jump 2 has been suggested by loads of people (not least myself) as perfect for DF, if themed to a giant tree. However, there have been plenty of reasons given by those more in the know than me as to why it will never happen. Including, but not limited to: it's too tall, and apparently the main section of the center support is too big to be driven round the roads in the area, and would have to be airlifted in!

As for flat rides not being marketable, when Chessington first got Rameses' Revenge, it was THE headline ride in the whole park, even more so than Vampire. I can remember the mad dash towards it at park opening. Within minutes, the whole queue would be full, and the temporary extention often stretched all the way past Terror Tomb, along the side of Dragon Falls, and right up to Magic Carpet (where Peking Heights is now).
So a good flat, with the right marketing, will be popular!

Lets say that since flat rides are difficult to move in due to the roads, and some are just too tall for the planning department to ever let them build in the first place what about something that is old but would fit there perfectly.

Since a lot of you love the sanctuary a lot. Why not make it permanent and build a building to accommodate such a thing. An all year round scare attraction based on Dr K/whatever the bloke in the oblivion line is called. Similar lines to the old Doom and sons. Tie it in with the dungeons. Things jumping out at you. I don't know what exactly. But this is as good an opportunity to build such a thing. I realise that it could be similar to Sub Terra. and it wouldn't last long. But with (hands cover eyes thinking of merlin) regular updates and love it could be a success.

Operating cost too high (staff,) hence N:ST's late opening. Think SAW: Alive. Just wouldn't be viable.

I think flats are very important. Look at Ripsaw, it still soaks up massive ques, especially in the summer. Air-race is an other example, brand new, cheap, but it just works as a new attraction. In-fact it was one (of only a few) highlights of my trip To DMP this WE. Without flats, DMP wouldn't be here still, I feel. They wouldn't have survived long enough to even Build Thomas Land, which is great, may I add.