• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Survey pointing to potential Minecraft IP?

The question now is which member of the Forum works for the survey đź‘€
There's this really good tool, not sure if you've heard of it, but it's a box and you can type any keywords you want to keep an eye on, on t'interwebs. After you press "search" it comes back with a list of pages containing all of the keywords you requested. You can even filter the time frame of your search too.

Now, if I were working for a research marketing firm, surveying confidential information, I may make use of such a tool to keep an eye on the words associated with my project.

1000016609.png

Dead jealous. I would have loved for Branded Surveys to have emailed me the same request so I could have politely reminded them that I signed no NDA, I haven't published anything that I was asked not to, and that they should ask their client why they authorised such a survey with "property of Merlin" disclaimers all over it in the first place.

But no. Just Nationwide telling me they plan on buying Virgin Money, IMO telling me they have a new super duper wash and wax, Gardaland trying to sell me a short break, and Compare the Market telling me my car insurance is up for renewal.

Clearly i was joking, though whilst you're being so informative could you also enlighten me how they would subsequently contact said member about their infringing posts without themselves being a member?

Because the user that posted it here seems to be using their real name? Wouldn’t be hard to see that post on here and then match it up to the list of people that were invited to participate in the survey and then to email them about its removal.

Because the user that posted it here seems to be using their real name? Wouldn’t be hard to see that post on here and then match it up to the list of people that were invited to participate in the survey and then to email them about its removal.

Unless said user is the fake user…… as they have gone very quiet and not posted anywhere else.

Other established members of the forum also got one of the surveys (here and here). The original poster also explained that they chose to sign up to share this information despite usually only browsing the forum.

Don't forget everyone has started off with a reason to sign up to the forum and contribute for the first time, it's just this particular user had a larger first contribution than most.

So with the authenticity of the survey established, I think we can safely get back to discussion of potential attractions/additions over the authenticity of a user. Thanks :)

If they already have some preliminary concepts to the point where they are surveying ideas, and with the movie out next year, this should be an interesting topic to follow. I don't think we'll see anything for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some developments in the future.