• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Survey pointing to potential Minecraft IP?

James Prince

TS Member
xxxc

[Admin Edit (Sazzle) 09/03/24 - Original poster decision to remove content of post, following take-down request from the survey company. Please see second post below, in quoted information, for full post context.

Rationale for not removing: Information has been in the public domain for over a week, with discussion generated. Likely that other copies of removed information exist elsewhere online.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I did an online survey and Alton Towers are looking at the feasibility of a Minecraft Land, here is the gumf:

"Minecraft Land is a new area with rides for different ages and experiences for Minecraft fans and those less familiar with Minecraft. The land includes indoor and outdoor experiences, all themed to make you feel like you're in Minecraft world. There will be an option to buy a wristband to unlock additional interactive games.

The land will include:

3-4 outdoor rides
1-2 indoor attractions
Minecraft themed restaurant and shop
Digital wristband to unlock interactive games"

This land would go at the top of the park above the David Walliams land.

What do people think of the idea? It looks fab to me.
Please can you provide us with some evidence of this survey and what is actually said in it?

Xxxc

[Admin Edit (Sazzle) 09/03/24 - Original poster decision to remove content of post, following take-down request from the survey company.

Rationale for not removing thread: Information has been in the public domain for over a week, with discussion generated. Likely that other copies of removed information exist elsewhere online.]

If this proposal actually is to be located “above David Walliams” as the opening post implies (although the screenshots given do not seem to confirm that, as far as I can see), would that suggest that “Minecraft Land” is Project Horizon, or some kind of replacement for it?

Xxxxxx

[Admin Edit (Sazzle) 09/03/24 - Original poster decision to remove content of post, following take-down request from the survey company.

Rationale for not removing thread: Information has been in the public domain for over a week, with discussion generated. Likely that other copies of removed information exist elsewhere online.]

This is an interesting IP choice. I wouldn't be against it, although I still don't really understand the appeal or narrative beyond the world being very, er, blocky. But that's because I'm old. I would have been all over the freeform construction nature of the game as a kid, although is that creativity and flexibility not the appeal in itself? Building, rather than exploring?

I like the Minecraft idea but I don't know if it would have quite the same appeal as something like Super Nintendo World but I might be wrong, personally I think towers should go with a non IP based immersive land to take over the World of David Walliams and project horizon and possibly tie dark forest into it. I think it would fit the park better and likely have more longevity. The rumor is interesting and It will be intersting to see if anything comes of it.

Disregarding the speculative "is this legit?" side of things - Minecraft is, undoubtably, insanely popular, and has been for well over a decade now. It'd make all too much sense for a park to be interested - how hasn't it happened yet? And with the upcoming film, a theme-park area somewhere surely can't be too far away. Using the Universal/Nintendo style of interactivity also seems to be a good idea.

Personally? Call me a broken record, but I think we've seen enough of IPs at Towers. Adding to that - looking at Sonic, CBeebies, Dungeon, Walliams - these have all been rethemes of existing attractions. Towers typically tend to save big new hardware for original themes.

I’d prefer an original ip but as far as branded ones go they could and have done far worse than Minecraft. The game came out in 2011 and its popularity doesn’t seem to be waning anytime soon. It seems like one of those IP’s, a bit like Pokémon or Mario, that is pretty timeless and that kids (and some adults) will be into for generations to come.

The concept is pretty straight forward too, so people who aren’t into Minecraft should be able to enjoy what’s on offer as well if this is the route they go down.

I've amended the title, as the information points toward multiple potential things as part of the IP rather than just a water park.

There's lots of these surveys that pop up now and again. Branded Surveys is a company where you sign up and get paid for your time - they'll have selected certain sections of users from their database to carry out some research amongst their target markets for the survey. As they're targeted to those specific groups, you won't see the survey available to just click on and fill in.

There's been surveys previously that have cropped up like the KUKA arms in what is now Dark Forest where research was done but nothing came of it. So it could be something they're definitely looking at, or it could be part of a multitude of different IPs or themes where different groups are targeted with differing surveys.

Yes as someone else just intimated, you won't find this information on Google. You have to sign up for online surveys and hope that you get a survey related to something that you are interested in. In this case I struck gold with this particular survey.

Really interesting- should have taken the URL
Im going to out this out there but this and Horizon are one.