• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If the park got a free spin (I think it’s unlikely) I think it would be a better fit in forbiddon valley in the blade/ripsaw area. The height of them
Would be too tall (even the smaller model is 112 ft high ) and would need sinking down below ground a bit, which can’t see them doing easily in the space available in x sector. Maybe a screaming swing in x sector and free spin in forbiddon valley.

S&S also do an 80ft double shot tower (pleasure island used to have one) and although they are small in height I have been told they offered a good ride experience) a couple of these towers could work in x sector.
Pleasure Island's was great, it shot you down as well as up so the airtime you got when being shot down was incredible.

If they get a free spin I think it will be in X-sector replacing Enterprise and Spin Jam.
With next year being Oblivion's 25th Anniversary and The Smiler's 10th Anniversary they will probably want to do something there.

Pleasure Island's was great, it shot you down as well as up so the airtime you got when being shot down was incredible.

If they get a free spin I think it will be in X-sector replacing Enterprise and Spin Jam.
With next year being Oblivion's 25th Anniversary and The Smiler's 10th Anniversary they will probably want to do something there.
Pleasure Island's was quite short height-wise wasn't it?

Look a free spin is very unlikely, this has all started because someone reckoned they saw S&S or maybe Arrow staff, well to start off with Arrow went bust years and years go. Clearly whoever saw them didn't get a very close look if they weren't sure, secondly, are towers likely to spend the money on something like a free spin? I'd say that's a no. Something like a S&S screamin' swing on the other hand is definatley a possibility as it's a flat ride that suites the parks needs and would be an ideal investment for them. Especially as it's got marketability.

S&S Arrow is a company!
Still part of S&S sansei technologies group.
Not anymore, I believe at one point when it was S&S technologies however I believe Arrow is no longer part of S&S and has been merged completely, S&S never actually owned Arrow as a company either, they just bought the assets that previously belonged to Arrow, although I may be mistaken.

Not anymore, I believe at one point when it was S&S technologies however I believe Arrow is no longer part of S&S and has been merged completely, S&S never actually owned Arrow as a company either, they just bought the assets that previously belonged to Arrow, although I may be mistaken.
Yeah that's why S&S have designed a new-gen version of Arrow's Steeplechase coaster.

I’ve always thought that Spinball would work great if it was rethemed and relocated to TWODW. Stick it in one of the mothballed buildings (may have to be more than one) and theme it as a disco / party attraction similar to Flávio’s.
That would be a good idea! I do enjoy Spinball, I just don’t see it getting any love at towers. The ride area and the ride itself looks a state and it’s the only coaster with no merch what so ever.
With all due respect, I'm not sure Merlin would want to give Spinball a new lease of life in another area of the park as it is no secret over the years that it is the most likely coaster to get the axe due to its low capacity and how its placement in that area of the park makes it stick out like a sore thumb. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun ride its just not suitable for a park of Towers' size when it would have been better of at a park like Lightwater Valley and if we knew that the ride to take on Spinball's place was a something like a Mack Spinning coaster which no doubt would work far better and if that were the ride to come in then I doubt many of us would really be sad to see Spinball go.

And regarding putting a coaster in TWODW which I'm suspecting you mean Coaster Corner? There is the problem of that area of the park in which has noise issues for the locals and I have said this many, many times that the only way to have a coaster built in that area of the park is an indoor coaster which would solve the noise issue though it would be a tight footprint.

Now regarding the topic of an S&S Free spin coaster, funnily enough I have been thinking about this for some time and while I can't see one coming to Towers, I have though suspected that you'd likely see one arrive at BPB and not just for the Arrow connection but rather that it would be the only sort of coaster they could fit on the park (I suspect that area where Trauma Towers and Wild Mouse were which I suspect they have plans for that area one way of the other) but it might give them a unique first for the UK that might work out for them, can't go worse than the disappointment of Icon! :p

Finally, one more hot take and that is I feel that if we are to get another SW project that this would be the last SW project we'd see at Towers for as it is already being said, it is harder to find a World First element for a coaster and I suspect Merlin are aware of this too, yes there is the S&S Axis Coaster which while looks really cool I'm wondering if one park has already gotten the first one planned to be built and even if Towers were to build it, where would they? Not down Thirteen? Not that I would mind TBH...

I'm still thinking that a UK first water coaster might be what we're getting but I'll likely be wrong with that and all my predictions above! :p

Now regarding the topic of an S&S Free spin coaster, funnily enough I have been thinking about this for some time and while I can't see one coming to Towers, I have though suspected that you'd likely see one arrive at BPB and not just for the Arrow connection but rather that it would be the only sort of coaster they could fit on the park (I suspect that area where Trauma Towers and Wild Mouse were which I suspect they have plans for that area one way of the other) but it might give them a unique first for the UK that might work out for them, can't go worse than the disappointment of Icon! :p
I've always said that an S&S 4D Freespin would be a great fit for BPB. :)

With all due respect, I'm not sure Merlin would want to give Spinball a new lease of life in another area of the park as it is no secret over the years that it is the most likely coaster to get the axe due to its low capacity and how its placement in that area of the park makes it stick out like a sore thumb. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun ride its just not suitable for a park of Towers' size when it would have been better of at a park like Lightwater Valley and if we knew that the ride to take on Spinball's place was a something like a Mack Spinning coaster which no doubt would work far better and if that were the ride to come in then I doubt many of us would really be sad to see Spinball go.

And regarding putting a coaster in TWODW which I'm suspecting you mean Coaster Corner? There is the problem of that area of the park in which has noise issues for the locals and I have said this many, many times that the only way to have a coaster built in that area of the park is an indoor coaster which would solve the noise issue though it would be a tight footprint.

Finally, one more hot take and that is I feel that if we are to get another SW project that this would be the last SW project we'd see at Towers for as it is already being said, it is harder to find a World First element for a coaster and I suspect Merlin are aware of this too, yes there is the S&S Axis Coaster which while looks really cool I'm wondering if one park has already gotten the first one planned to be built and even if Towers were to build it, where would they? Not down Thirteen? Not that I would mind TBH...

I'm still thinking that a UK first water coaster might be what we're getting but I'll likely be wrong with that and all my predictions above! :p
Yep I know that no outdoor coaster will ever get built on coaster corner, hence why I said it should be indoors 😀 As you said though, Merlin would never put the time and effort into doing this.

I’ve said many times on here that I really do think SW9 will be a water coaster with a worlds first element (inversion???) but crucially one where you can reduce the splashdown levels so you can still enjoy the ride on cooler days. Where it’d go is anyone’s guess!

Yep I know that no outdoor coaster will ever get built on coaster corner, hence why I said it should be indoors 😀 As you said though, Merlin would never put the time and effort into doing this.

I’ve said many times on here that I really do think SW9 will be a water coaster with a worlds first element (inversion???) but crucially one where you can reduce the splashdown levels so you can still enjoy the ride on cooler days. Where it’d go is anyone’s guess!
2nd-gen Mack Powersplash with the loop?
Would be a world first as I don't think one has been built yet.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.