• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

If you want the entire suite in a FLAC file, yes, it already exists. It's a rip of the YouTube video, wrapped in a FLAC codec.

As I and others have explained to you though, FLAC does not guarantee quality or fidelity. It is a lossless compression format, yes, but if the original source file was already compressed and sounded like garbage, the FLAC file will also sound like garbage.

It's like you're asking for a PNG of the Mona Lisa. I can fly to the Louvre now, with an old flip phone and take a photo on that terrible camera of the Mona Lisa. I can then transfer the JPEG from that old flip phone to my desktop and then convert that awfully low quality JPEG into a PNG. I can then send you a PNG of the Mona Lisa, which is what you asked for, but it will look like my caboose after one too many leftover sandwiches.

What you actually want, as others and I have previously said, is a high quality, or high fidelity, version of the suite. Ideally an uncompressed rip from a CD, or an uncompressed bounce from Graham Smart's DAW.

You knew exactly what I meant and still wanted to behave like a contrarian…

So no, a FLAC containing (containing a lossless track) doesn’t exist.

But you do you…

Another interview from Bianca, and I think this one is the best so far, very chilled and not corporate at all. No new information about future projects (as expected) but a few little titbits of nerdy info:

They sold 13 WEEKS worth of merch in the Nemesis shop on opening day
The first Scarefest 2024 meeting was held 1 week after Scarefest 2023 ended and has been in planning ever since
The Dungeons will return after Scarefest
Daz Games was their no 1 scare attraction in 2023
To open CBeebies land for Pirate takeover took a whole year of planning
She said that Nemesis Reborn was titled Project Relentless (although didn't make a point of saying this)
Alton After Dark was planned after she listened to the demand from people, rode all the rides in the dark last year and 'got' the hype for dark riding

Last edited:
It has outstayed its welcome, but I guess the idea with The Dungeons is to keep it operating until they have a replacement ride for the building rather than keep it SBNO, which would be worse.

How? It would have started long before the more recent ones?
Nemesis Reborn would have been planned around the same time as Hyperia (Exodus) and Mandrill Mayhem (Amazon), but before Horizon. Ocean has been revealed recently.

It's been a long time since I learned my alphabet, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't go A, R, E, O, H (opening order). A, R, E, H, O (in announce / reveal order) also isn't alphabetic.

All of the above though avoids the glaring issue that there are lots of letters missing between A - E, H - O & R.

Yes, you're right though, if you definitely squint, tilt the screen, do some rearranging and open your mind a little they're definitely distinct alphabetic letters going in order.

Nemesis Reborn would have been planned around the same time as Hyperia (Exodus) and Mandrill Mayhem (Amazon), but before Horizon. Ocean has been revealed recently.

It's been a long time since I learned my alphabet, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't go A, R, E, O, H (opening order). A, R, E, H, O (in announce / reveal order) also isn't alphabetic.

All of the above though avoids the glaring issue that there are lots of letters missing between A - E, H - O & R.

Yes, you're right though, if you definitely squint, tilt the screen, do some rearranging and open your mind a little they're definitely distinct alphabetic letters going in order.
Those are just the ones we know about, every project that Merlin have going across all of their parks and attractions around the world will have project names.
One of the missing letters in there that we know would be "B" seeing as Chessington's Water Park project name is Project Bruce.

Last edited:
Those are just the ones we know about, every project that Merlin have going across all of their parks and attractions around the world will have project names.
One of the missing letters in there that we know would be "B" seeing as Chessington's Water Park project name is Project Bruce.

Shhh don’t let common sense get in the way of point scoring…

Another interview from Bianca, and I think this one is the best so far, very chilled and not corporate at all. No new information about future projects (as expected) but a few little titbits of nerdy info:

They sold 13 WEEKS worth of merch in the Nemesis shop on opening day
The first Scarefest 2024 meeting was held 1 week after Scarefest 2023 ended and has been in planning ever since
The Dungeons will return after Scarefest
Daz Games was their no 1 scare attraction in 2023
To open CBeebies land for Pirate takeover took a whole year of planning
She said that Nemesis Reborn was titled Project Relentless (although didn't make a point of saying this)
Alton After Dark was planned after she listened to the demand from people, rode all the rides in the dark last year and 'got' the hype for dark riding

Having watched this I found it really refreshing to hear someone interested in, and clearly understand, the nuts and bolts of how a theme park works.

Operations - throughput, relatability, weather, skyride
Theming/effects - maintenance, importance, lighting
Merch - Offering
Food and Bev - (will be difficult to improve quickly due to commercial reasons)
Events - characters, street theatre
Hotels - character breakfasts
Other - park lighting, paths, bins, customer experience

When was the last time a general director was interested boots on the ground, interested in how rides are running/operated? Or walking round with ride patches on their jacket?

Between BS, JB and the heads of marketing (whose names i forget) Alton is in safe hands. Weather BS yet gets the sense of history, place, originality at towers yet remains to be seen. But it’s a superb start so far.

Bring back Henry & Henrietta Hound and she’ll get carried out on a throne.