• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

I don't think the full version is much longer than the online IMAscore one. Isn't it only about six minutes long?

Also, anyone got links to any audio, music, or fonts or anything like that that isn't available on youtube for towers or any park (In particular merlins). Much appreciated if anyone can help me.

Last edited:
I don't know. I just remember IMAscore saying it will be double the length of airs music (which was about three minutes I think). Unlikely anyone will have it anyway so soon after the ride opens. Just wait, it'll probably appear briefly on youtube at some point ;)

I don't know. I just remember IMAscore saying it will be double the length of airs music (which was about three minutes I think). Unlikely anyone will have it anyway so soon after the ride opens. Just wait, it'll probably appear briefly on youtube at some point ;)

I believe the score was 20 minutes in total, Merlin have some odd policy whereby they only allow IMA to upload short clips of it to be listened to. They don't appear to realise that they could capitalise on people wanting to buy it, so they just don't sanction its release anywhere beyond 3 or 4 minutes.

this official video of it, released by IMAscore, is just under 5 minutes long, but the description says that the full length is 25 minutes.

Like most Alton Towers audio these days, it'll appear eventually, then disappear, or you'll get your hands on it if you know the right people.

It's a shame Merlin do not allow audio to be released in full. Not sure why, what are we going to do, build a rival space roller coaster in our back garden and use the copyrighted audio? They wouldn't even need to make a CD to release the music, put it on YouTube, put it on iTunes, sell it from the AT website directly... the internet is a wonderful place to share things without hard work.

I think they should sell it. If not the current audio, then at least the old unused audio. It would cost next to nothing to sell, and they could make profit from us buying it

I suppose it's another of those great merlin mysteries such as why didn't Charlie have a shop at the end and why all coasters have to be apocalypse based.

It's odd, because I'm sure Heide Park sell an album of their soundtracks. Not sure about Gardaland, but it's strange that Heide do but the UK parks don't.

The fireworks event from 2000 was based around Hex and featured some isolated dialogue of the Earl from the pre-show which usually isn't usually heard clearly "I have no farthing for you old woman!" etc.. The projection of the hag is also possibly outtake footage from her brief appearance at the end of the pre-show. Jim Carter recorded new dialogue specifically for the event.

Towers appear to have got their hands on a 360º camera, and so have filmed on the Rapids. :)

I bought one of the google cardboard ones for £8, works great for the price and means I can watch 3D POVs and these 360º videos

I think they should sell it. If not the current audio, then at least the old unused audio. It would cost next to nothing to sell, and they could make profit from us buying it.

I would gladly pay money for Galactica's tune. They should definitely do this.