The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash, 12th Jun 2012.

1. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    Life as a ride operator

delta79, Skyscraper and Rojo like this.
  2. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    Chris Moyles enjoying the big rides....

...in Cbeebies land

3. RyanY

RyanY TowersStreet Member

This Chris Moyles thing they've been pushing over the last few days is a bit poor in terms of advertising. What target audience are they planning on getting in, and why would Chris Moyles visiting make them visit Alton Towers?

Thorpe Park have been getting much more relevant people, in terms of their target audience, to visit the park and advertise them. They've had some popular YouTubers visit, make videos and push the park on their fans who most commonly will be teenagers who will want to go places over the summer holiday. This seems like a much better way of advertising the park than getting a Radio talk show host with a limited audience to come and advertise the park.

Towerslover likes this.
  4. James

James TS Founding Member

I guess if they offered some free tickets, food, exclusive rides, maybe a free hotel stay... with in return Chris/Radio X advertising the park. That's cheap and easy advertising. He's still a radio host so I guess it's a way to get the park mentioned, and he's a fairly recognizable name. I doubt Chris Moyles visits Alton Towers is the seller here, it's more look at the amazing rides and attractions at Alton Towers.

I'd rather that than a Speedos ban story in the Daily Fail.

Towerslover likes this.
  5. Leah

Leah TowersStreet Member

Just by getting someone to talk about it, towers are advertising to a fairly large amount of people. Even if you don't really know about him, most people will recognise the name. And you don't need to even listen to the radio to hear his advertising of the park. Anyone who looks at towers facebook will also see him promoting the park.

Could of got someone more relevant though. He hardly appeals to tower's target audience and you could probably get someone more fitting just as easily.

6. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

7. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

Radio X's audience are probably a good shout, actually. They're young enough to be interested in thrill rides (and probably even recall when Moyles plus Mark and Lard opened Air), but many will now have young families, hence sending 'The Saviour of Radio' on Postman Pat's Parcel Service.

I am in agreement with @RyanY that Thorpe trounce Alton as far as social media goes, however. Those vloggers are a veritable gold mine for their marketing department.

Towerslover likes this.
  8. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:

9. Luminade

Luminade TowersStreet Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if anybody has any idea who produced the soundtrack that plays inside The Rollercoaster Restaurant at AT, the one which plays during the occasionally projected videos of the park.
    My biggest guess is IMAscore, though I can't find any information on it

Thanks
    -Luminade

10. RussellH

RussellH TowersStreet Member

djtruefitt likes this.
  11. Luminade

Luminade TowersStreet Member

Ah, thanks. I hope that sometime in the near future a full version is released

12. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I've moved the above posts to this existing Media Topic which is more appropiate that having its own thread. Glad that you have got an answer though Luminade, IMAscore seem to be doing a lot of music for Towers at the moment!

:)

13. James

James TS Founding Member

Shame we can't have an IMAscore CD compilation! They've made enough for Towers to release a whole collection by now (if Towers/Merlin let them).

djtruefitt and Towerslover like this.
  14. JSG093

JSG093 TowersStreet Member

A demo version of the Nemesis theme before the final track was created - http://picosong.com/zJgH/

Unfortunately it isn't complete and in low quality mono.

15. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I'm sure IMAscore would be more than happy to release the tracks as they have done this at EP, Phantasialand and other parks.

I can only assume it's Merlin or Alton who won't let them. Which is slightly odd as you can but IMAscore music for heide park!

16. Spike

Spike TS Contributor

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
  17. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
  18. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

This may sound harsh, I hope the people responsible get the sentence they deserve.

19. RoyJess

Favourite Ride:
    I'm sure whatever the outcome is, it will be plenty of fodder for the media.

20. RussellH

RussellH TowersStreet Member

This comment is not meant in a negative way towards any of the participants above.

Mods: Would it be possible to rename this topic to something which more clearly identifies it as for multimedia, rather than news media? "The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Topic" or similar would make its purpose more clear without having to go back and read the first post.

Hopefully then it will reduce the confusion between this topic and the "Media Coverage of Alton Towers" topic, and keep these different discussions more cleanly organised. :)

MattyH, Ted, Rob and 6 others like this.