• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

That’s not how commission works, Alton Towers paid for the music and all copyright would belong to them. However for some reason the CD contents are different, so IMAscore must have struck a deal with them.

Not necessarily, I've been in the entertainment business, when ever I had commission publicity photos or a promotional video, unless otherwise specified in writing, the person that films or records me actually holds the copyright to those images/video, I can only imaging the same would apply for the CD contents.

Knowing Towers they probably had 50 CDs available to buy online when they knew full well that the demand would be huge!

EDIT:

I shouldn't be such a cynic, it is back in stock.

Last edited:
A lot of people on Facebook are complaining that things like Hex and Nemesis aren't on the CD...

It's out of stock already :rolleyes:

Knowing Towers they probably had 50 CDs available to buy online when they knew full well that the demand would be huge!

EDIT:

I shouldn't be such a cynic, it is back in stock.

Yep, I've just ordered a copy, £12 with MAP discount then went back up to £15.95 with P&P :p :)

It says "limited edition". Better get it quick. :eek::p

Limited edition? I can't see them not reordering more copies if these fly off the shelf

A lot of people on Facebook are complaining that things like Hex and Nemesis aren't on the CD...
Won't they be on the Fireworks soundtrack anyway?

That was almost certainly going to happen though, people don't remember that IMAscore wasn't a thing when those tracks were originally made. :p

Did think of getting one but the track list doesnt really grab me, like people say, without Hex. Still thinking about it though, will wait for other peoples verdict before putting my order. However the Monopoly set is on offer at the moment so I did buy that!

Wow, 2 hours after placing the order and get an email saying it's shipped already! I know that's just an update on the computer system and not actually put in the post yet but even so. Now for the 5 day wait for Royal Mail to deliver it!

Not necessarily, I've been in the entertainment business, when ever I had commission publicity photos or a promotional video, unless otherwise specified in writing, the person that films or records me actually holds the copyright to those images/video, I can only imaging the same would apply for the CD contents.
Photography often works differently seemingly. Although for a higher cost you can still arrange to 'buyout' the copyright for yourself, which is what happens 99% the time with theme park music (and other stuff like concept art, designs, media for attractions etc)

Otherwise if the music was licenced, imagine the royalties bill with the amount of times each track loops during a single day!!

Must be a different deal for the CD sale, makes sense I guess.

Otherwise if the music was licenced, imagine the royalties bill with the amount of times each track loops during a single day!!

You clearly don't understand how the bushiness works, that's what a PPL licence is for :p

Wow, 2 hours after placing the order and get an email saying it's shipped already!

Me too :)

Edit, the copyright is held with IMAscore as stated on the back of the case

c1i2EvJ.jpg

Last edited:
You clearly don't understand how the bushiness works, that's what a PPL licence is for
I often work with licenced music, which is why I know that custom music for attractions is usually bought out and not under PRS, so what's with the condescending attitude? We already pointed out it says that on the CD case, that's why we're discussing it because it's unusual

When IMAscore uploaded the smaller samples of The Smiler and Galactica, I recall somebody asked for the full version but IMAscore responded that the copyright was with Alton Towers and they needed to give permission for that to happen.

It seems like in this case Alton Towers have simply given IMAscore the rights to sell the CD rather than take on the responsibility themselves.

I often work with licenced music, which is why I know that custom music for attractions is usually bought out and not under PRS, so what's with the condescending attitude? We already pointed out it says that on the CD case, that's why we're discussing it because it's unusual

Lol I can assure you that on this subject, OilyWater most definitely knows what he is talking about and has experience - there's no need for that attitude... :wink:

Themed music/soundtracks for Attractions very, very rarely use PPL/PRS.

Woah!! :eek:

Please lighten up :p

I've used copy right music for a good 3 decades plus when I was in business, in order for myself to stay within the law, I had to know the law with regarding the use of copyright music.

Here is the law regarding copyright and commissioned music here in the UK (however IMAscore is based in Germany so the copyright laws might be different over there)

Commissioned works
When you ask or commission another person or organisation to create a copyright work for you, the first legal owner of copyright is the person or organisation that created the work and not you the commissioner, unless you otherwise agree it in writing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ownership-of-copyright-works

It is clearly stated in black and white on the reverse of the CD case who is the copyright holders, if the copyright has been released, I'm sure that it won't be with Alton Towers Resort but more likely that it would be held by Merlin Entertainments.

Woah!! :eek:

Please lighten up :p

I've used copy right music for a good 3 decades plus when I was in business, in order for myself to stay within the law, I had to know the law with regarding the use of copyright music.

Here is the law regarding copyright and commissioned music here in the UK (however IMAscore is based in Germany so the copyright laws might be different over there)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ownership-of-copyright-works

It is clearly stated in black and white on the reverse of the CD case who is the copyright holders, if the copyright has been released, I'm sure that it won't be with Alton Towers Resort but more likely that it would be held by Merlin Entertainments.
From what I've seen German copyright law largely keeps up with US law except they don't have fair use exceptions.

Does the copyright holder of the tracks or the CD actually matter? Surely there are more exciting things to talk about ;)

I noticed that Duel isn't on the CD. I thought IMAscore made the new Duel track but I'm guessing I was wrong?