• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

This is an interesting one. This video talks about creating a time capsule with all the scents Towers have used from Aroma Prime since the 90s (The Haunted House was the first attraction to use scents from Aroma Prime). For me, what caught my eye was the final scene where the capsule is placed on a table in what looks like a museum of Towers memorabilia. Clearly it's not TPWW's shed, so does anyone know where that is in Towers? Seeing as there is old decorative coving in the room, it must be an old building. But where? If this is a new display, could it be something they're planning on opening up to the public?

1702070525461.png

It’s one of the archive rooms inside the towers themselves near the entrance to Altonville Mine tours.

It’s criminal it all sits locked away like that.

Just turn it into a museum already!

Restore some more of the building, get some projections and permanent exhibits made up. It could be done as a side project.

It’s literally a side hustle for some graduates or in quiet time for MMM. Such a shame

Interesting video though

Bit of a different one - for a while I've been compiling an "Essential" Youtube playlist of videos about the park; historical bits about the estate, old press videos of ride openings, all through to newer stuff people have filmed on their phones. Generally speaking it's more stuff that's interesting and significant, less vloggy type stuff.

Currently the playlist sits at around ~21hrs; I'm hoping to get it to at least 24, so if you really wanted, you could literally leave it on all day and there always be something Towers related playing.

Thought I'd share it here so that people can explore the parks history and find some really cool things they might not have found (god bless the algorithm that doesn't show the small stuff en masse) - I was also hoping that there might be some videos that have sliped under my radar that people would consider "essential"; if so please drop a DM!

It's compiled in no particular order, but I'd personally stick it on shuffle to get a real good mix of everything the park has (or has had) to offer.

From: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpFpMsxLyvEb6Ajo15YlixtrYNJqQtymT

Bit of a different one - for a while I've been compiling an "Essential" Youtube playlist of videos about the park; historical bits about the estate, old press videos of ride openings, all through to newer stuff people have filmed on their phones. Generally speaking it's more stuff that's interesting and significant, less vloggy type stuff.

Currently the playlist sits at around ~21hrs; I'm hoping to get it to at least 24, so if you really wanted, you could literally leave it on all day and there always be something Towers related playing.

Thought I'd share it here so that people can explore the parks history and find some really cool things they might not have found (god bless the algorithm that doesn't show the small stuff en masse) - I was also hoping that there might be some videos that have sliped under my radar that people would consider "essential"; if so please drop a DM!

It's compiled in no particular order, but I'd personally stick it on shuffle to get a real good mix of everything the park has (or has had) to offer.

From: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpFpMsxLyvEb6Ajo15YlixtrYNJqQtymT

Some good choices in there. I'd forgot about quite a few of those. I'm also honoured, you selected 12 of my vids (I was sad enough to count, and 8 out of 12 are purely my own old footage - the other 4 are shared with permission at the time of uploading). Genuinely, thanks, it's always good to know that the efforts of my younger self to document things visually were not totally in vain. Gonna watch a couple from that list myself now :) (AltonTowersMemories, by the way).

Some good choices in there. I'd forgot about quite a few of those. I'm also honoured, you selected 12 of my vids (I was sad enough to count, and 8 out of 12 are purely my own old footage - the other 4 are shared with permission at the time of uploading). Genuinely, thanks, it's always good to know that the efforts of my younger self to document things visually were not totally in vain. Gonna watch a couple from that list myself now :) (AltonTowersMemories, by the way).

Your channel not only has a considerable amount of stuff, but the quality is great and the videos are varied - couldn't resist putting some of your stuff in there.

Your channel not only has a considerable amount of stuff, but the quality is great and the videos are varied - couldn't resist putting some of your stuff in there.
Thanks again, that means a lot, and you're very welcome to do so. I just enjoyed this video (below) from another account that you picked out for your playlist: (It's a John Broome interview on the BBC Money Show early on at Towers)

P.S - I can't actually believe that Peter's (Euro Theme Park Archive) Haunted House Documentary has only got 38 thousand views (so far). That's absolutely criminal. I can't remember watching anything to do with theme parks in the last decade that gets anywhere close to the quality, entertainment and just sheer hard work that that documentary displays. That video should be pushing a million views, easy.

From: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPhguCPf0ME&list=PLpFpMsxLyvEb6Ajo15YlixtrYNJqQtymT&index=32

Last edited:
S - I can't actually believe that Peter's (Euro Theme Park Archive) Haunted House Documentary has only got 38 thousand views (so far). That's absolutely criminal. I can't remember watching anything to do with theme parks in the last decade that gets anywhere close to the quality, entertainment and just sheer hard work that that documentary displays.
Wow thanks a lot Barry, I didnt realise it was enjoyed that much. A lot of work but I was glad to be able to do it. Your channel is my go to for the history of the estate!

Heads up; there appears to be a copy of the Nemesis Legend VHS on ebay. It'd be good if someone with the capability to rip it to a digital file can preserve it

Apoligies for the cheeky double-post, but I was going through some old files on my computer the other day and found the Splash Landings theme knocking about. I couldn't find it anywhere else online so I've popped it onto YouTube for those who want a listen. Whilst I've never heard it played in its entirety in the hotel itself, part of is does chime when pressing the 'doorbell' outside the entrance. Sounds like something from Moulin Rouge - albeit more tropical.

Don't suppose anyone would happen to know who composed this, and whether it was done for the opening, or instated later on?

Not strictly Alton Towers, but a good insight here into how Claremont Steel fabricate B&M track. Interestingly, all the running rails are manufactured over here in Europe, in Italy, before shipping to America. So technically you are riding on European built rails, just the back end is made in America. As there were people 1000% certain before it was all made in America, it is not. The most important part, the running rails, are infact European.

The coaster they are manufacturing but don't mention is Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Not many rides have such a unique colour scheme as this.

Bianca Sammut was on BBC Radio Derby giving a 30 min interview (listen from 1:12:30 and only available until the end of March):
Polar opposites listening to her in this and other interviews and hearing/reading what a certain other CEO says in public! 🤣

Bianca Sammut was on BBC Radio Derby giving a 30 min interview (listen from 1:12:30 and only available until the end of March):
Polar opposites listening to her in this and other interviews and hearing/reading what a certain other CEO says in public! 🤣
Any summary of what was said, or whether it’s worth listening to?

Any summary of what was said, or whether it’s worth listening to?
No more was said than what she's said before about Towers, but she does speak more about her personal life, career, how she got to where she is etc. Oh and how she's a huge fan of Kylie Minogue!

At 1:39:25 the DJ did ask her what was going on in Dark Forest - he asked as if he'd heard a rumour and she just said you'll have to come along and look for yourself. But I got the impression nothing big or out of the ordinary is happening and I'm wondering if he's heard about Projects Horizon and Ocean, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 354.

It is worth a listen though, in my opinion.

I agree, I listened to it on my drive to work this morning and it's pretty nice to hear. There's no real unique insight into Alton Towers, but if you're interested in hearing a little more about her then it's worth a listen. She comes across really well.