• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Battle for Christmas No 1

Who do you think will win Christmas No 1

• LadBaby

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Justin Bieber & NHS Choir

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Mariah Carey

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Liam Gallagher

• Robbie Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gemma Collins and Darren Day

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Taylor Swift

• Jess Glynn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For people who aren’t familiar with the comedian K and the Gang, I can see that it could look like a political stunt.

He is, however, a comedian and most of his songs aren’t political. He did one about UKIP and one about what Nick Clegg was willing to do to get into power, but most of his songs are more social commentary.

He’s written songs about a whole range of issues, ranging from his stay in a Travel Lodge, what happened when he looked at a photo of his ex-girl friend who died, the advice he gave to his friend with depression, and the things he got up to when he had a bit too much to drink.

I don’t think he’s trying to destabilise the Tory part or change the minds of floating voters. For people with a certain sense of humour, and probably a certain political persuasion, it’s given them a laugh.

He's just trying to prove Ladbaby aren't the only people who can sing about sasusage rolls

The Liam Gallagher one is the best new one I've heard for a good while. The Jess Glynn one is pretty catchy too. I could quite happily tolerate both going forwards into future Christmases. Not really a fan of any of the other new ones and the Robbie Williams one sounds like it was written by an 8 year old. I'm surprised that even the likes of Radio 1 would tolerate playing it, it's so pathetic. This is all only in my opinion obviously. The Pogues still is and probably always will be the best Christmas song though.

Edit - Also, I wish Ladbaby would just go away.

For people who aren’t familiar with the comedian K and the Gang, I can see that it could look like a political stunt.

He is, however, a comedian and most of his songs aren’t political.
I’ve been a follower for years. Seen him live many times over past 10 years. Always a fun night out.

"And at number 5 a song about Boris Johnson that has so many swear words we can't play it on daytime Radio 1, we can play Jess Glynn at number 4 though"

And LadBaby is number 1!

Last edited:
The year is 2030, Lad Baby is still Christmas number one, his latest hit is just the word sausage roll on repeat for 8 minutes. It had 1 billion hits within an hour of being released, music is dead.

There be another version of do they know it’s Christmas time out in 2024 so I doubt Lab baby will be no1 again but at least every penny from the single goes to Charity