• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Fantastical Express

On the Ashby-de-la-Zouch run, the coach left Alton Towers at 6.45am and guests were dropped off at 9.40am.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYCxvhL4vTU&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

Towers have just uploaded a tedious highlight video with the best part being those amazing Nemmy shots. Looking back on it now, the people seemed to enjoy it and it didn't seem that bad. 1200 miles probably included the way back though so some slight cheeky cheating there on Alton's part!

I imagine it got a bit of local press in the areas it visited, but for the cost you could have put some adverts on TV or in the paper and probably got more interest and visits out of the general public!

But there's literally very little cost here, other than petrol! The vinyls are all generic and were going to go on the coach anyway, and the extra signs for location and people (which was an awesome personal touch!) will have been at minimal cost!

For the people involved, I expect this was an awesome experience, and given that one of the key figures in organising this had other issues to contend with during the planning, it's been pulled off decently :)

It's been pulled off decently but it's definitely fallen short of what it could have been... It's also rather disappointing considering we had last years incredible 'All Time Greats' summer campaign. It just makes this summer advertising seem like more of a let down.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. It's better than nothing and certainly got people talking about the park in the towns that were involved. Granted they could have pulled up outside the Pleasure Beach just to take the mickey but given the circumstances of doing it all in a day I can't see how it could be any different.