• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The fast food poll

What is the best fast food place

• greggs for adz

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • burgerking

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • kfc

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • mcdonalds

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
Your probably right Blaze, I'm just too paranoid about it! Greggs is decent though but I'm still praying for the "I don't eat fast food option." I'd much rather prepare the food myself or just elsewhere even if I were to eat it just once. Burgers, thin chips and fried chicken just don't turn me on.

But my real bug is... I'm surprised Adz_95 isn't angry at just being called Adz. But I'm glad none of us have any TTF grudges to refer to other site members.

McDonalds just for variety and frequent menu changes and promotions. It's genuinely quite an interesting place to visit - just not every week.

I am trying to cut out a lot of simple carbohydrates in my diet now and the last time I went I had one of those chicken nugget share boxes only (managing about 12-14 to myself)... :eek:

KFC bores me, you have to be seriously obsessed with chicken to go there as often as some of the obsessive people I know do.

Burger King is OK but a little expensive.

Adz95 said:
I love how I got my own option, although sadly I'd already voted for "Other" so can't vote for it lol. :p

I still maintain that Greggs is just as much fast food as anything like KFC or Subway, atleast in my opinion. ;)

I worked in Day's of Ashwell, (which is a same style shop of Greggs) but just local to my area, we would get insulted if called fast food. Hence why I argued. :p

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion! :p

I must admit I love a cheeky mcdonalds every now and then (once every 8 weeks, as it fits in with a busy Saturday with the kids that involves their music and swimming lessons and me rushing to work, so we normally go then).

If I have a burger I tend to have it without the salad is it always seems abit slimey. Though more often that not I have a chicken select meal with sour cream dip, I've tried recreating it at home and can't, they are lovely.

Not a fan of the others, find subway abit expensive for a sandwich, our local KFCs are disgustingly dirty so we won't eat there, used to have pizza hut takeaway but that's been ages too.

When I eat fast food, I usually try to stay away from the usual places like Macdonalds and KFC. My favourite kind of places are ones that do Chinese food in boxes with noodles and rice, places like Wok&Go or that Asian place in Oxford Street.

One American chain I have a thing for is Taco Bell. I love that place so freakin' hard.

Stelios said:
But my real bug is... I'm surprised Adz_95 isn't angry at just being called Adz. But I'm glad none of us have any TTF grudges to refer to other site members.

Why would I get offended by anyone calling me my name? ;)

BigAl said:
Shame we don't have a Wendy's in this country any more. Wendy's poops over McDonald's!

I can't stand BK. The gristle in their "burgers" are like small pieces of stone or shrapnel. The only redeeming option on their menu is their fries, but they too can become ruined if the staff decided to dump LoSalt over them.

Greggs is completely and utterly vile and the UK KFC is meh.

I voted for 'other' because my favourite fast food in this country is joint between Taco Bell and Barburrito (although Taco Bell's mince is like gravel, so be warned). Barburrito is much healthier than Taco Bell but they don't serve churros! -__-

Are you sure you are not me? Exactly my thoughts.

Wendy's is still sorely missed and when the first (for 20 years or so) Taco Bell in the UK opened near me at Lakeside I could have cartwheeled down the street. Making me hungry just thinking about it.

pluk said:
BigAl said:
Shame we don't have a Wendy's in this country any more. Wendy's poops over McDonald's!

I can't stand BK. The gristle in their "burgers" are like small pieces of stone or shrapnel. The only redeeming option on their menu is their fries, but they too can become ruined if the staff decided to dump LoSalt over them.

Greggs is completely and utterly vile and the UK KFC is meh.

I voted for 'other' because my favourite fast food in this country is joint between Taco Bell and Barburrito (although Taco Bell's mince is like gravel, so be warned). Barburrito is much healthier than Taco Bell but they don't serve churros! -__-

Are you sure you are not me? Exactly my thoughts.

Wendy's is still sorely missed and when the first (for 20 years or so) Taco Bell in the UK opened near me at Lakeside I could have cartwheeled down the street. Making me hungry just thinking about it.

Clones, perhaps? :p

I went to Wendy's a couple of times whilst I was on holiday last week. Their menu is just so refreshing compared to McDonald's.

Didn't the last Wendy's in the UK close 2000? It's a damn shame, because the food is just far, far better than anything we have in any of our fast food restaurants. They don't use crap either! :p

I also quite enjoyed the sandwiches in Arby's and Firehouse Subs as well. They beat Subway for me by a mile!

My favourite chain is pizza hut, but I wouldn't call it fast food as we use it as a restaurant. Sir down, they take order ext.

Cookie dough... And BBQ sauce pizzas... Drool...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fredward said:
My favourite chain is pizza hut, but I wouldn't call it fast food as we use it as a restaurant. Sir down, they take order ext.

Cookie dough... And BBQ sauce pizzas... Drool...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Not to mention they take ages to cook the food as well, so it's not really "fast" food.

I would pick Wimpy over any of the more prevalent fast food chains (and that's why I voted 'other'), but out of the main ones I think KFC is probably the most satisfying, followed by McDonalds.

I cannot stand Burger King as their chips taste like fried grease and their burgers taste of ash. There really is no redeeming feature about their menu, its just plain vile.

Anybody else scrape the onion and gherkin off their quarter pounder? Always get some funny looks when I do that.

I've not been back to KFC for years and Burger King never tempts me. Greggs sausage rolls are awesome but I don't care for anything else in there really apart from the Steak Bake. Got to be Maccy D's for me.

Subway or Maccies for me.

A footlong sub on soft white with ham, turkey breast,melted cheese, lettuce and red onion with Mayo on could do for me now.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Poison Tom 96 said:
Subway or Maccies for me.

A footlong sub on soft white with ham, turkey breast,melted cheese, lettuce and red onion with Mayo on could do for me now.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having Subway for lunch. :p

I like Wimpy but it's not found enough these days.

BK is OK but overpriced.

So McDonald's it is. I just wish French and Belgian burger chain QUICK would establish themselves here... I mean look at this:

Vador-Burger-2.jpg

I wish that McDonalds over here would do the McCafes as an alternative to the breakfasts they do, not that I'm complaining over the brekkie wraps and pancakes :p The one we visited in Strasbourg was lovely and although it was manned by one woman, it was a quick and reliable service with very reasonably priced food!