• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The first UK RMC: where will it happen?

An RMC at Chester Zoo would have two problems as far as I can see
1. Most zoos have lost virtually all their money over the pandemic and have been relying on charitable donations, I doubt Chester Zoo will have much money left.
2. I would have thought noise would be a problem (unless they can build it far away from the animals or encase particularly loud parts of the ride in tunnels).

Kolmardens owners own a few other parks in Sweden (including Grona Lund) suppose they might've decided they just wanted an RMC for one of their parks. It does have other coasters and rides so Wildfire could just be an ongoing way of bringing new customers (and their wallets) to the parks.

I know we'd all prefer an hybrid RMC to be built in the UK but I'm starting to think a parks more likely to go for a Raptor track at this point. Maybe a larger custom model ala Jersey Devil. Would tick plenty of boxes for numerous parks.

IF the UK were to get an RMC it will be at the London Resort IF that goes ahead. Either way, more chance of England winning the next World Cup then either happening in my opinion

Yeah I agree. If we're all wrong and the London Resort does get the go ahead, then you can almost guarantee that an RMC will be one of the coasters they open with. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Let's hope these guys from Kuwait who are supposedly the financial muscle behind the project are serious about this project and are willing to chuck away a lot of money. I just fail to understand what they will get out of it. It would take decades if not longer to see any return on investment on 4billion quid if they ever see a return at all.