• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

Yes, but then someone else turns up, see's people eating outside and you then can't say no to them and it snowballs.

I'm not defending Towers, I think the hotels have become a joke and I've not used them for years now but I'm just saying some things aren't as black and white as they seem.
I think we all get the (however daft) reasoning for it, but again it comes into using a bit of common sense.

Simple bar style snacks take minutes to cook and serve up. The place then makes a bit more revenue from people being sat outside on tables which would otherwise be empty, and people are more likely to stay longer. Sure some people might turn up and want more substantial food outside, but a quick explanation that it’s snacks/starters only would suffice. That conversation is no more awkward than the one @AstroDan had to have when he simply asked for a bowl of chips.

It’s the same situation with the pizzas in ATH. You can get them delivered to the room, which means the staff have to muck about going upstairs and walking along the corridor. Despite the bar being right next to the kitchen, that’s somehow more of a hassle?

If the resort are determined to charge the prices that they do, then they need to become more guest focussed. These aren’t crazy 5 star level demands from guests, they’re really basic requests that are often fulfilled even in lower level hotels.

How on earth can any self-respecting manager in the hotels actually have a situation where paying guests are unable to get ANY FORM of food after the park closed? Crisps? Sandwiches? Chocolate Bars?

It's unbelievable. There wasn't even a vending machine!

Sometimes you wonder what planet the hotels are on.

How on earth can any self-respecting manager in the hotels actually have a situation where paying guests are unable to get ANY FORM of food after the park closed? Crisps? Sandwiches? Chocolate Bars?

It's unbelievable. There wasn't even a vending machine!

Sometimes you wonder what planet the hotels are on.
That's unacceptable. This is why many people do not class Towers as a world class park. Look at Europa Park, from images and reviews (I have not been to EP) their hotels look yottametres ahead in quality and value.

I've just booked myself in for a birthday stay in February.

I'll be interested to see if it's as bad as people on here say it is.

I've stopped in the hotel three times, and everytime I've had a great experience (food included).

I've just booked myself in for a birthday stay in February.

I'll be interested to see if it's as bad as people on here say it is.

I've stopped in the hotel three times, and everytime I've had a great experience (food included).
I've been once and had an absolutely amazing time, Flambo's was really nice food, they were constantly running fresh food out so everything was nice and hot.

It was £105 for our themed rooms and £95 for one of the people in our group for a standard, despite it being August which was a bargain imo.

Room was clean I will say the Aircon worked better in the artic rooms than the galactic steam punk rooms but that's no biggie and the fridges were in a tight cupboard with no ventilation meaning had to pull it out a bit for it to get cold, just a silly oversight.

Rooms were gorgeous and was brilliant atmosphere chilling by the lake at night with a couple drinks was a fantastic night stay will definitely stay again if we can get a good deal again.

The breakfast was nice, was just a little bit below the breakfast standards you'd get in a premier inn but I have heard terrible things about all the food places in the hotel when they're sometimes short for staff, sometimes quite severely too.

I've been once and had an absolutely amazing time, Flambo's was really nice food, they were constantly running fresh food out so everything was nice and hot.

It was £105 for our themed rooms and £95 for one of the people in our group for a standard, despite it being August which was a bargain imo.

Room was clean I will say the Aircon worked better in the artic rooms than the galactic steam punk rooms but that's no biggie and the fridges were in a tight cupboard with no ventilation meaning had to pull it out a bit for it to get cold, just a silly oversight.

Rooms were gorgeous and was brilliant atmosphere chilling by the lake at night with a couple drinks was a fantastic night stay will definitely stay again if we can get a good deal again.

The breakfast was nice, was just a little bit below the breakfast standards you'd get in a premier inn but I have heard terrible things about all the food places in the hotel when they're sometimes short for staff, sometimes quite severely too.
Was this recent or pre COVID?

Merry Christmas all I booked the silver birch treehouse for next year I know they still give you fast tracks but do they still take you to your tree house on a golf buggy.

I've never personally stayed outside the main hotel myself but I know they used to.

Merry Christmas all I booked the silver birch treehouse for next year I know they still give you fast tracks but do they still take you to your tree house on a golf buggy.

I've never personally stayed outside the main hotel myself but I know they used to.
I think they do, I’ve definitely seen the golf buggies going round the hotels with random guests on this season.

I stayed at Silver Birch in July this year with my parents, they weren't running the buggies then but they usually are, according to the Treehouse Host. Apparently they had been out of action for a couple of weeks before our visit.

Did you purchase the platinum super fantabuolous extra VIP package as that includes :

Water in the hot tub
Quilted toilet paper
Clean(er) towels and bedding
Bottle of water
Half a pack of hob nobs (non chocolate variety)
Golf buggy transfer from hotel
A fast track for 1 ride

If you didn’t then you’re gonna have to walk it I’m afraid 😂

Did you purchase the platinum super fantabuolous extra VIP package as that includes :

Water in the hot tub
Quilted toilet paper
Clean(er) towels and bedding
Bottle of water
Half a pack of hob nobs (non chocolate variety)
Golf buggy transfer from hotel
A fast track for 1 ride

If you didn’t then you’re gonna have to walk it I’m afraid 😂
It was £700 split 6 ways so not too bad, lot's of money but it should be a laugh, I was looking at the package bundles though who the hell spends £12 on like not even a full tube size amount of Pringles and a bottle of pop 😭 surely just kip to Tesco before hand.

A friend of mine came to Towers from down south last Scarefest and stayed in the Enchanted Village with 6 others. It cost them around £327 (through the Merlin Holiday Club as they are an Annual Pass holder). They've been looking at prices for this year and may not be able to come as they were quoted from £671. That's over double last year's price! Absolutely extortionate if you ask me. Insane.

Last edited:
Just priced up a room for 2 on Scarefest Saturday...£396. Alternatively, you could stay at the 5 star Pan Pacific in London in a Deluxe room for £404. Alternatively, you could also head on over to Disneyland Paris, stay the night in Hotel Cheyenne with two days park tickets for £569.44.

Or if you don't mind the room and fancy a different experience, the Hotel Charles Lindbergh includes a 3 course dinner, breakfast and admission to Phantasialand for £443.

What an absolute rip off for a product which has never improved and just degraded over time.