• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Thank you so much everyone! :D

I feel even more proud of myself because of overcoming issues with mental health over the past 3 years. My first year in sixth form I had to drop out and ended up with 1 E grade. I returned though and now 2 years on I've managed this!

On to Mental Health Nursing in March! :D

(and to get bladdered in town tonight).

Thank you so much everyone! :D

I feel even more proud of myself because of overcoming issues with mental health over the past 3 years. My first year in sixth form I had to drop out and ended up with 1 E grade. I returned though and now 2 years on I've managed this!

On to Mental Health Nursing in March! :D

(and to get bladdered in town tonight).

That's even more incredible then. I was going to ask what your next step was

Enjoy your night out!

This is a bit of a strange one for me. As some of you will know, I often moan about how much I hate having to go to church every sodding Sunday. Well, for the first time in ages today, I actually had a positive experience in church! I know - I'm shocked as well! What happened was that we ended up singing a song written by a particular person - it was 'Emmanuel' by Vicky Beeching:

Since Vicky Beeching came out as a lesbian just over a year ago, we hadn't sung any of her songs in church at all, which frustrated me, as she's one of my personal favourite Christian musicians. Also, some of the lyrics in her songs have more of a meaning than one may realised upon a first glance - reflecting the struggles she's faced with faith and her sexuality - this being mentioned in the interview. Dad asked about the name of this particular song a few days ago, and I was surprised that he was considering using her music again in church, as I had a feeling that someone (it might've been Dad - I don't know) had put a block on her music being used in worship since she came out. Today, that 'block' ended. And I was so glad that it has. I must confess that I got a bit teary-eyed when we were singing this song this morning, but I managed to cope completely fine. Not asked Dad yet why he chose this song to be used in the service, but I'm considering it to see why he did.

Vicky is a really good song writer, one of (if not) the best christian song writers of the modern time. Shame about some comments few weeks after her anouncement when one of her song was played in my mums church.
The plus side was 60% of the congregation backed her music and did not care about where she found physical love. And stopped the call for a ban on her work.

I'm just really happy with everything at the moment. Even after managing to scrape my way into college with bottom of the barrel GCSE results! And i'm pleased with something developing in the relationship department. But that's all i'll say about that ;)

As a railway enthusiast north 'o the border, today I've been pleased as Punch today as at long, the Borders railway has finally reopened!:D

At last, a big wrong has been righted. Now go onwards to Carlisle!

As many of you will know, my house got burgled last Sunday morning, and my laptop was one of the items that was taken. Today, the insurance company agreed to pay the value of the stolen laptop when it was purchased (this has taken Dad quite a few phone calls and emails to sort out), which is great, as the laptop I've just bought to replace it is £50 less than the price I paid for my stolen one! :D

For those of you that don't know, I play principle euphonium in a brass band, and tonight we had an inter-band solo contest. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet (pun completely intended) but I was put in the highest ability group of performers, and in my group, only me and one other guy got a "gold award"!

Really really chuffed with myself, as I wasn't expecting it at all. Put me in a really good mood.

:D :D :D

Got my new laptop today. Despite one or two initial issues whilst setting it up, I think I've got it all sorted now.

Also, I returned home today from a good break in London, doing a few things here and there. Caught up with my brother for lunch one day, as he's studying at Imperial College London. Also spent a couple of evenings with Mike, the first being a major highlight for me. I finally got to see Les Mis on stage on Monday night, and it was the best show I have ever seen. I started getting shivers down my spine very soon after it started, and at the end of the first act, I was speechless for what seemed like ages, but was probably only a few seconds. I then turned to Mike and said something along the lines of 'How on earth have I not seen this before? It's fantastic!'. I've seen the film and the 25th anniversary special countless times, but to see it on stage was something else. Absolutely superb show. Desperate to go back and see it again, though I decided that before the end of the first act! :p