• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I was playing Tim Minchin's Peace Anthem for Palestine in one of our music practice rooms as college today. I've been practicing it at the weekend and become quite swift and clean with it. At the end of the school day, someone in my year (who I have nothing to do with and have never spoke to him before) came up to me and said "you were sick playing the piano this morning" or words to that effect. Really made me feel happy!

After a rather insane few weeks at work, I feel like things are finally starting to get back to normal, and that I'm getting my life back for the first time in ages. 2016 is shaping up to be a decent year, and I received some fantastic news about a week-and-a-half ago. My older brother and his wife are expecting another baby, due on the 24th of June next year. Couldn't be more delighted, and it was a fantastic early Christmas present! :D

Reactions: Amy
After a rough few weeks everything seems to be really taking off. I'm lucky enough to be working for a small company, doing what I love and already have job offers for post graduation. Working on a product development plan has show that 2016/2017 is going to be really great and I can't wait to get stuck in and build a reputation for the company. It really feels great to know that all my hard work is starting to pay off!

When your accountant tells you, Yeah sure you can claim the new computer as a business expense...

27" iMac get in my basket ! :) happy happy

#AppleFanBoy

mmmmmmm :D

Be careful with that, I know people that have been stitched up over claiming tax back on things. If you use something for personal stuff as well as business, and they find out.... :/

I do my tax return myself, so in order to avoid screw ups, I keep it simple "I earnt this... whadda I owe?"
Turns out the answer is "a lot". :(

Yeah thats what I thought too, Questioned the accountant thrice! he's like yea yea its fine.
The perks of being a Limited Company apparently.
Plus I pay him enough he better be right!
Although I still have a hard time justifying a brand new iMac to run a plumbing and heating business...
tis a bit OTT just to print off a few invoices :D

Hehe. I don't know much about being limited, I decided to stick to being a sole trader to keep things simple enough that I wouldn't need an accountant.

Brass/wind concert tonight, playing with a top-end championship brass band, all-black, feeling smart, feeling happy! :D

Tonight, I am pleased to report that after 15 years of working in sport broadcasting, I have finally mastered the art of taking a 42 minute nap, and waking up at exactly the right time to be alert for the half time twaddle, then having another 42 minute nap and waking up again for the post-match twaddle. :)

I'm on holiday next week, and was informed when I got home that my brother, his wife and my niece are coming up to stay for a few days from Tuesday. Also, I'm going to start getting trained to work in our petrol station in a few weeks. Oh, and I'm finally going to return to Old Trafford next week. :D

I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow and then have to wrestle a radioactive cow, be friends with David Cameron and sign myself over to KK for the rest of my life. Maybe best to end it all now ;)

That sounds just like it could be the plot line to the next fallout game as long as the cow has two heads of course

Last night was a stressfull one at work. Me and someone else decided to have a couple of well needed pints after, and have a mutual bitch about a certain person who makes what should be a fun day into a misery. Both felt much better after. Might have gotten some more work elsewhere out of our little networking sesh. :)