• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I'm currently taking great joy from watching @Kelpie build her birthday pressie... the Lego Disney castle. Her smile is too cute. :)
She's also put Beauty and the Beast on while she builds. Neither of us have seen it for a good couple of decades. What's scary is that we both know all the words after all this time!

I had a Christmas card from a student i talk far enough back from suicide, to allow professionals to do their job. Then carried on chatting with them. And inside the card it said
"Thank you for everthing this year. If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be here.
You are one of the kindest people ever."

I'm a delivery driver for DPD/Interlink this week I smashed my record for drops in one day (was 208) last 4 days I've done 215,216,218,211 and smashed my weekly best total which was 997.
This week I've done 1130.
But what's given me the most happiness was having 2 delightful customers give me tips and thank me for all the effort I go to throughout the year for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now come on kris...they gave you a small "Christmas Gift" as regular customers who you know well, if it was a tip you would have to declare it for tax purposes.
And a very Happy Christmas from Rob the Gardener.
I got beer mainly this year, all my customers know me well.

Ultimate merch is a bit crap at LWV, found something much better to do instead and arrived today :D
507751d8d0ef423cb9e27792305ee8c2.png

Olivia, the elderly female rat we adopted from a friend a few months ago, is now so old that she's struggling to even keep herself clean.
... Now I know what you're thinking; "haven't you posted this in the wrong topic, Slappy?"

Well we decided to give her a bath, something we normally avoid with our rats unless we have to, as they tend to freak out and crap all over us / scratch us half to death / both of the above.
Never before have I known a rat to be so calm in the bath. Maybe she was gratefull to get clean, maybe she genuinely likes the water. All I know is she looked so happy to be clean. Not to mention how cute she was when we were drying her in a towel after. :p

I've had a really nice week off work just relaxing at home. On Saturday, I went up to Manchester for the day, going to Old Trafford to watch United play Reading in the FA Cup. It was a really good game, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was also the first time I'd ever gone to a football match on my own, and everything went fine. Just after I exited the station at Old Trafford to head around to my seat (via a trip into the Megastore, of course), a familiar face walked past me. It was none other than Sir Bobby Charlton. I'm a little annoyed I didn't twig until he'd gone past, but to actually see him in the flesh was a really lovely moment. After the game, I went into Manchester for a bit before I took a train home, and ended up in the Arndale Centre. I went into the Lego Store there, and bought the Lego Kwik-E-Mart. The biggest Lego model I've ever had, and it took quite a while to put it together, but it's now done. I thoroughly enjoyed doing it, and I want more now! :p

Honestly, I've never been so consistently happy in my life.

Uni is without a shadow of a doubt the best thing to ever happen. I've grown infinitely more confident, outgoing, determined and most of all.. happy. It's ridiculous, and I'd've slapped anyone with a wet fish who said I'd ever get to this stage.
Not once over the last week have I felt anything less than "really good".

I'd had a relapse a couple days ago. By talking to the right people, surrounding myself with great company, I've managed to bounce straight back into things. Turns out, I do need to let my guard down sometimes. Not everyone has an agenda to make others feel as naff as possible. cough

If I had taken the advice of those who told me not to take the leap, I dread to think where I'd be today. Reading and looking back to how I was 1-5 years ago is insane, I don't know how I managed to live through it.

Sorry, but I'm allowed to say I've conquered a lot, dealt with some toxic people and even though some things can only get worse, I know I'm in a better place now. What is sad, is learning that some of those you call your closest friends, aren't.

Happy happy happy! :D

Last edited:
You have changed so much over the past few years, Panda, and it makes me really happy to see you in a much, much better place than you were. :)

It is nice to hear you are finding the happy you at uni. Also i hope you are enjoying the course, engineering is great.