• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

So as some of you may know I've not been happy in my workplace for a while, I've been offered an interview on Friday, my boss is away meaning I can't be on holiday, I could plead to the orther partner in the business saying my BF has got a surprise for me on Friday as it's my birthday tomorrow (it actually is my birthday tomorrow) but I need to leave early and try to arrange the interview for late afternoon or just pull a sickie?

So as some of you may know I've not been happy in my workplace for a while, I've been offered an interview on Friday, my boss is away meaning I can't be on holiday, I could plead to the orther partner in the business saying my BF has got a surprise for me on Friday as it's my birthday tomorrow (it actually is my birthday tomorrow) but I need to leave early and try to arrange the interview for late afternoon or just pull a sickie?

Just pull a sickie. I've done it for a job interview before

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pull a sickie they can't do anything about it as they have to let u have the day off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave notice when my last job stopped me going for an interview. If they want to be like that, are they worth working for?

Well, that depends if you need money and stuff really doesn't it. If you've got no other source of income and have bills to pay, you'll just have to work there even if it's not that great.

As a manager of little toe rags who "pull a sickie" I have to say I think doing so is the most selfish thing an employee can do. I personally haven't been sick from work for over a decade and I'm a fat, heavy drinking ex smoker in his mid 30's with a bad back.

I would swap a shift with someone or say you have personal issues or a doctors appointment you need to go to and you'll make the hours up. Just withdrawing your labour full stop pretending ypu are sick just spits in the face of anyone who's worked hard over the last century to get proper rights for workers who genuinely fall ill

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I got the job and I've had 2 half days in 4 years where my bosses have had to force me to go home. I'm also the only office staff they have so I do everything for £7.50 an hour from answering phones, to invoicing, dispatching orders, greeting customers on the show site to doing the accounts. I have been told I've made the business and myself look silly before by my boss because I hadn't done something he hadn't told me to do because we had the accountant who double checks my work come in. I do work hard, in my time away from work I'm also studying to get my AAT level 4 accounts qualification and starting my own business. My boss has made me feel that rubbish at work that I've sat there and cried in the office alone before, I deserved to finally get out of here.

I got the job and I've had 2 half days in 4 years where my bosses have had to force me to go home. I'm also the only office staff they have so I do everything for £7.50 an hour from answering phones, to invoicing, dispatching orders, greeting customers on the show site to doing the accounts. I have been told I've made the business and myself look silly before by my boss because I hadn't done something he hadn't told me to do because we had the accountant who double checks my work come in. I do work hard, in my time away from work I'm also studying to get my AAT level 4 accounts qualification and starting my own business. My boss has made me feel that rubbish at work that I've sat there and cried in the office alone before, I deserved to finally get out of here.
remember to hide an open packet of prawns somewhere that cant be found before you leave :)

Been doing some screen tests tonight. I have big plans for a halloween special Pathfinder game... Can't give too many details as 3/4 of my players are forum members, but let's just say that I will be on webcam and in character spooking it up! :D