• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Thanks, all! It just feels nice knowing that I haven't got the burden of exams and education hanging over me; after I've been in tomorrow for my Leaver's Day, I'm out of education completely until I start university in late September!

I'm hoping I can use the time to catch up on my Planet Coaster work (which has been seriously flagging while I've been revising for my A Levels; as you might notice, I haven't posted anything about any of my PlanCo projects since February! Sorry about that!), as well as possibly thinking about starting to learn to drive, too.

Not to mention that we're going a few places; we're off to Pembrokeshire for the weekend at the start of June, and Plymouth in July, as well as scheduled theme park visits to Alton on 28th June, Thorpe on 11th July, Legoland on 29th July and my first ever visit to Paultons on 30th July!

Last edited:
Imagine having to do A-Level exams, couldn't be me ;) haha, glad they're all done for you though and hopefully uni for you will be back to normal! First year for me has been a funny one but worth it in the end, so even if we aren't fully normal by then it'll still be great!

We've had a 'Rainbow Weekend' at work this weekend, where colleagues have been encouraged to dress up in bright colours. It's because June is Pride Month, and it's a way of showing support to the LGBTQ+ community - given many Pride events can't actually take place this year due to the pandemic, it's at least something. Some have taken it as an excuse to not wear uniform, but they've at least made a bit of effort to go with the theme, which is fine. I've gone for the subtle approach of rainbow shoelaces (had them in for months), a couple of wristbands, and a rainbow bow tie that slots in quite nicely with my work polo shirt...though it's a bit of a nightmare to get the collar down over the straps. :p I've had a surprising amount of positive feedback about the bow tie in particular - to be honest, I've had it for ages, and wanted an excuse to wear it. It's just been nice to have positive feedback about it, including from colleagues I would've expected to make rather sarcastic remarks about it, and it's been great to see the level of support this weekend's had from across Sainsbury's and Argos. I don't know how many are doing it for the right reasons, but I'd think that the vast majority almost certainly are, and it just makes me feel really happy. :)

Double-post, and the text has been pasted from what I've just posted on my Facebook profile.

Just picked up the mark for another OU assignment on what I'd consider to be my weaker module, given it's essay-based as opposed to maths-based. It was a challenging assignment, largely due to group work not going as planned, but that's a long story. To my shock and amazement, I ended up with 94% on this assignment. I was expecting to get a lower score than that, so to say I'm thrilled is an understatement! :D

I haven't got a mark back from an essay-based assignment that's as high as that for years. Probably since I was in college, or maybe even school. I'm astonished, frankly!

As if my assignment score weren't enough, I've made another discovery tonight that's rendered me speechless, which doesn't happen very often. All I'm gonna say is it's something that fills me with joy and hope for the future. It's not something I wish to talk about publicly on TST, but am willing to do so via PM if anyone wants to know more.

My best friend and I earlier today;

6727187225309860795.jpg

Had a good time. Guess what sort of place we were in though. :p

Last edited:
That going to be fun to see how that goes with some members of the methodist faith.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I guess we'll see. Someone on Twitter's already posted a GIF from Titanic in response to the news (you'll probably be able to guess exactly which one), which just seems rather childish.