• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Finished my second year with the OU (after some frustration with my scanner), ordered a big takeaway that'll keep me going for a few days, making my way through a nice bottle of Chianti, Great British Bake-Off is back...Happy days. :D

I've changed shift pattern, coming away from a 24/7 rota that had me lurching from getting up at 04:00 to start at 06:00 one day to starting at 22:00 and getting to bed after 07:00 the next, to one where the earliest I start is 08:00 and latest I finish is 00:30.

I've suddenly started feeling like a functioning human again. Bliss.

Had a massive surprise in Costa today... I've had a stressful day and the staff must've noticed, as when I ordered a cake they gave it to me for free and insisted it was on them! That never happens to me and was completely unexpected, so I'm really embarrassed as well as grateful. :oops::)

Submitted my Masters thesis yesterday!

Since starting it a year ago, I finally left a toxic relationship, have been homeless twice, endured my chronic illness and of course, the panini.

I have a week to chill out where I'm going to 2 gigs, a rave, seeing old friends and my first trip to Towers this season before starting my new job as a Robotics engineer.

Submitted my Masters thesis yesterday!

Since starting it a year ago, I finally left a toxic relationship, have been homeless twice, endured my chronic illness and of course, the panini.

I have a week to chill out where I'm going to 2 gigs, a rave, seeing old friends and my first trip to Towers this season before starting my new job as a Robotics engineer.
Thats awesome Panda, congradulations! You definitely deserve chill out time after all that. :)

Last night Chrome crashed and ate my TR. Except today I went back to the topic and it had reappeared in the drafts. Big sigh of relief.

My new job has given me 2 extra paid days off due to scheduling conflicts. I now start Tuesday. Looking forward to being back in the workshop full time (when it has finished being built, brand new workshop and tooling for me )

I've changed shift pattern, coming away from a 24/7 rota that had me lurching from getting up at 04:00 to start at 06:00 one day to starting at 22:00 and getting to bed after 07:00 the next, to one where the earliest I start is 08:00 and latest I finish is 00:30.

I've suddenly started feeling like a functioning human again. Bliss.

I can relate to that. I've just gone from Panama 6-6 both ways to M/F 9-5. Looking forward to finding out what one of those sleeping patterns are. First job to be on office hours.

Passport was sent on Monday and arrived at the renewal office on Tuesday. Was registered as having arrived at 12:07 today, and approved at 12:33 - not bad! Now I just need to wait for my new one to arrive, and I’ll be able to go abroad again.

Passport was sent on Monday and arrived at the renewal office on Tuesday. Was registered as having arrived at 12:07 today, and approved at 12:33 - not bad! Now I just need to wait for my new one to arrive, and I’ll be able to go abroad again.
Yes they seem to do it really quick. I've got to do mine soon but just keep forgetting.

That's fantastic Jonathan. Based on your messages in the feeling meh topic, I hope this is a weight off your shoulders in many ways and hopefully a great support forward in your journey going forward :)

That's fantastic Jonathan. Based on your messages in the feeling meh topic, I hope this is a weight off your shoulders in many ways and hopefully a great support forward in your journey going forward :)
The sense of relief I felt was huge, and it could represent something bigger in the long term for my church. We'll have to wait and see. To take a quote from Love, Victor (available on Disney+), "Sometimes, in order to be happy, you need to be vulnerable". Yeah, it's true. :)
Well done Jonathan, that's a really courageous thing you did, and I'm so glad you got a positive response. I know how scary it is to make yourself vulnerable like that and it must be such a relief to know you have someone else in your corner.
I'm gonna allude to the Love, Victor quote again here. :p Also, from Love, Simon (no prizes for guessing why it's my favourite film), "No matter what, announcing who you are to the world is pretty terrifying, 'cause what if the world doesn't like you?" That's been one of my main worries with regard to coming out to people, especially if they're religious. And yet they seem to be fine with it! I've never really had a negative reaction when I've told people I'm gay, though the funniest one was just a stunned silence. :p I'm of course conscious that not everyone will be like this, but I can't expect everyone to be happy, can I?

*Straight white male atheist alert*

@Jonathan I do really feel for you on this subject, but obviously can't relate directly. That said, when I look at other situations in my life that I stewed on for a long time, I struggle to identify one that was anywhere near as bad I thought it would be when it came to a head.

Do you think that there is a danger of it becoming worse in your mind than the reality that you spend so long thinking about? Perhaps more so because there are a number of factors that you have to consider.

Have you ever been close to just blurting it out to free up your headspace and crack on with life in a more straightforward (no pun intended) manner.

*Straight white male atheist alert*

@Jonathan I do really feel for you on this subject, but obviously can't relate directly. That said, when I look at other situations in my life that I stewed on for a long time, I struggle to identify one that was anywhere near as bad I thought it would be when it came to a head.

Do you think that there is a danger of it becoming worse in your mind than the reality that you spend so long thinking about? Perhaps more so because there are a number of factors that you have to consider.

Have you ever been close to just blurting it out to free up your headspace and crack on with life in a more straightforward (no pun intended) manner.
To answer both of your questions...
1) Yes.
2) Yes.