• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Turns out the extra £17 a year I paid for legal cover on my insurance means I don't have to do anything to get myself sorted out after this mess I'm in. Mega thankful for that.

I’ve started something I always wanted to yesterday evening, Writing a screenplay! It may never leave my computer but it’s something I’m really getting happiness out of right now!:)

I'm assuming a lot of you will have heard of Stuart Ashen (known as Ashens), famous on YouTube for reviewing cheap tat from Poundland (other stores are available), knock-off electronics, retro gaming stuff, and long-expired food - some of which he's actually ingested. He's also made two crowdfunded films, Ashens and the Quest for the Game Child and Ashens and the Polybius Heist. I finally received my Blu-Ray copy of the latter today, only for the case to be badly damaged. I was quite disappointed, having waited for a while since I backed it on Indiegogo, and popped a comment on there about it, making it clear that I wasn't blaming Ashens himself for the problem. Got a response back from him saying he'll make sure to get a replacement sent out as soon as possible, which I'm pretty happy with. The actual response was very on-brand for him as well. :p

Few things in life can be more entertaining than watching your three legged mutt go arse over tit chasing three roe deer in the local cemetery.
I spotted them before the dog, only a few yards away, the deer spotted the dog and froze, they are very tame and know us well...I called the dog back to put him on his lead, but he spotted them and shot off.
Don't worry folks, Bambi lived.
And so did mum and dad.
No venison for Bailey's dinner.

I had my first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine this morning, and it went far better than I was expecting! I was extremely nervous before going in, but it was far less painful than expected (more of a sensation than anything truly painful), only lasted a second, and hasn’t given me any major side effects thus far (an ever so slightly sore arm around where the vaccine was administered, but other than that, I’m currently fine)!

So that was certainly a positive surprise for me, and it’s nice to know that I should have first dose-induced immunity just in time for my first park visit of 2020 on 16th April (the immunity takes about 2-3 weeks to build up fully)!

If you’re a bit nervous about getting the vaccine like I was, or you’re not sure if you want to get it, my advice to you is; just go for it if you’re offered it. It probably won’t be anywhere near as bad as you expect; it certainly wasn’t for me!

I’ll take a vaccine and mild discomfort for a bit (plus possibly feeling unwell for a short period) over getting seriously ill from a disease that vaccines help to prevent any day of the week.

Forgot to bring this up but on Friday I had my vaccine and as my shuttle duties to deliver kids to school is over for the Easter period, I do feel proud I'm doing a service for people especially when many of the families of the children are telling me that.

It is good to feel appreciated.

Spotted a scrap merchants van going down our back alley.
Shouted him back and got rid of an old heavy bench saw and some cafe style chairs.
After collecting, he smiled at me and offered..."Now sir, what would you like, balloon or goldfish."
Exactly what our real rag and bone man used to say fifty years ago.
Old age flashback.
Saved me a tip run as well.

Spotted a scrap merchants van going down our back alley.
Shouted him back and got rid of an old heavy bench saw and some cafe style chairs.
After collecting, he smiled at me and offered..."Now sir, what would you like, balloon or goldfish."
Exactly what our real rag and bone man used to say fifty years ago.
Old age flashback.
Saved me a tip run as well.
Round here you don't even need to do that, put something on your driveway and it will be gone in a few hours.

Not an absolute cripple after physio, things are getting better. Well, better if you ignore the enormous bruise from said physio.

MY BARBER HAS A DACHSHUND. THAT IS ALL. :hearteyes:

Being serious for a sec, my barber did talk me out of a really drastic cut, and I'm glad he did. Very happy with what I've got. Plus I've got the week off work and, most importantly, EUROVISION STARTS TONIGHT! :D

Been feeling very overwhelmed with uni work and other things in my life weighing me down a lot recently but I've managed to get myself back on top of things and generally so much more chilled with life for the past few days and I'm very proud! Only one more assignment left and I'll have completed a whole year at uni, and as crazy as it's been and as much as I've struggled at times I'm so happy I stuck at it

I’ve now finished my A Levels, as my final exam finished at 11 this morning! I’ll admit, it feels strange, but also incredibly liberating!
You know what makes me suddenly feel old? I went on study leave for my A Level exams pretty much ten years ago to the day, if my Timehop's anything to go by! :p Enjoy the next few months of freedom before university starts. From my recollection, it does feel strange not having education to worry about for a while (and it did when I finished my first OU year back in September 2020), but use this time wisely, and you'll be fine. Either that, or just build a load of stuff on Planet Coaster for the fun of it. :p

Get a job Matt!
Bloody students.
Plenty of summer ride op positions coming up at the moment.
Cedar Point paying twenty dollars an hour.
Tempted myself.

I left school as soon as I could without 2 GCSE certificates to rub together in 1999 so this makes me feel even older!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk