• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The many faces of Pete Cliff

DaveW

TS Contributor
I though it was about time we started an appreciation thread as a tribute to the Alton Towers Resort Legend

so if you have any photos or any funny stories about your encounters on park with Mr Cliff post them here!

here's a few old photos to get the ball rolling!

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2146.jpg

DSCF0013-1.jpg

156505_10150826439426852_1947561427_n.jpg

Myself and a few friends started a 'YMCA' parade with him, when he was in his boat.. We got so many guests behind us, it was amazing! :D

Long live Pete Cliff!

:)

Stevie said:
Long live Pete Cliff!

:)

Shame new male actors are being hired but I just hope that this will mean that Pete will roam around the park more as Edward in his wagon!

Pete is absolutely brilliant, no matter who he is playing he gets in to character so well.

Last season when he was wandering around park as Shark Tooth Jack he ended up engrossed in a conversation with a few of us when a guest walked past him and said to her friend 'haha look it's Jack Sparrow'. At that point Pete turned around and screamed 'ARGHHHHHH' right in her face, she was so startled that she jumped forwards and screamed. Pete decided to chase her through Mutiny Bay and into Shark Bait Reef. She was running for her life with a genuine look of fear as Pete ran behind her making grumpy pirate noises. Her friends were killing themselves laughing, it was brilliant!

OMG! He looks so different and youthful in the first pictures! :-*

He's an amazing guy though, and his people skills are amazing! He's the kind of person I'd want interacting with the public if I ran Alton Towers! I also love hove how he recognises us on park.

Also, he sat on me once! +10 points for him tbh. 8)

He is a really guy great and there should be more people like him just around the park interacting with guests! The new pirate ship they have this year works so well and gets everyone laughing.

I hope he isnt moving from the park anytime soon if they are advertising for the pirate show. It would be a shame for him to be locked away in a office all day or not in the public.

DaveW said:
just remembered i had a few more classing characters!

DSCF3044.jpg

DSCF3045.jpg

Was he at UG for a construction of Rita with maintenance or was he with Thunder Rock Rally there?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UnI3eqVsrs[/youtube]

Here's a video I filmed on opening day, of Pete and his marvelous boat...

;D

Can't belive I've just noticed this topic he's done some great things over the years :)

Doesn’t he hold a head position now? I’m sure I read that he was the director behind scarefest.

And on top of that, at scarefest, was he one of the carnival staff? I thought I recognised him but wasn’t too sure.

Only seen him once (that i know of!), as Edward England, he was racing someone on a mobility scooter :p
Didnt see him any other times i visited throughout last season, shame really. I saw someone else as Edward England a few times, but it's not the same, they just didn't have the energy!

He is now some kind of manager, he was certainly in charge of all the scaremazes at scarefest, so I imagine he wont be doing too much acting anymore.

I do hope he is head/ supervisor actor. and he still get out on the park and acts. and does not end up in an office.

I don't recall meeting this guy, he looks quality!

He definitely should be out and about on park - although there are many wonderful staff at AT, there are few truly memorable ones.

Just shows what a difference they can make! This kind of thing they should do far more of, and take some of those VAT posters down (sorry couldn't resist, I CANNOT STAND THEM!!!). You don't care how much money you spend when you have people like this interacting with you in the day :)

I haven't seen this guy before, but he looks amazing! Hes the type of person that can make a day at Alton towers memorable, and dare I say it Magical!

Maya said:
I haven't seen this guy before, but he looks amazing! Hes the type of person that can make a day at Alton towers memorable, and dare I say it Magical!

He has been on park for a few years but often behind a lot of pirate make-up. There are a lot of names i would love to highlight of people at towers who do great things. Though not sure if i would get into trouble for broadcasting them...

Certainly the Scaremazes where much better this year for Pete being creatively in-charge of them. And he didn't have a lot of time on the Sanctuary to plan.